last post problem.

That1GuyMe

So im used to forums where when you click view last read post it actually takes you to the post you read last. This is extremely confusing for me because it seems like it always takes me to the most recent post. Im sure the setting is somewhere in userCP but I cant find it. The other problem is I can go to, say, the 3rd gen forum and there will be a ton of new posts, I wont click on any and ill come back ten minutes later and even though I havent read anything it has all posts marked as read. Im assuming the first problem has something to do with the second. Is it like this for everyone?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
The last post button takes you to the last post in the thread and not the last unread post. It has always been this way. I'm not sure if newer forum versions have it setup to go to your last unread post. I'm not sure why your new posts aren't staying shown, I'll have to look into it.

That1GuyMe

The last post button takes you to the last post in the thread and not the last unread post. It has always been this way. I'm not sure if newer forum versions have it setup to go to your last unread post. I'm not sure why your new posts aren't staying shown, I'll have to look into it.
Oh that makes sense. Every other forum I am on has it to where for example you click on the arrow next to the thread title in latest topics and it takes you to the last thing you read in that thread.