Leaking oil

dlo253

Dude.... I can't do it anymore.. sorry bro. Search or sumthn man, put in a little more effort if you want anybody to help you.

jwh0818

Dude.... I can't do it anymore.. sorry bro. Search or sumthn man, put in a little more effort if you want anybody to help you.
You know this is my first integra. Never owned a Honda. Only owned a lancer, mustang, and f-150. So not knowing were the pump is ain't that big a deal. As for the main seal I guess that's the one where the flywheel is?

dlo253

That's not even it man. Considering your responses, it seems as if you aren't doing any research on your own. Rather than the very broad questions you've asked in this thread...

Yes sir.....
The oil pump is the lower pump on the engine...

jwh0818

after further investigation I have found its the oil pan gasket still. Why it's still leaking is because I have been using high temp form a gasket to help seal it and I am suppose to use oil resistant form a gasket. I'm changing it today. Does anyone have any further advice before I jump back in this

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

BankiBoi

Clean it really good, might want to use gasket sealer even though I heard your not supposed to. Also don't tighten it too tight

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

dlo253

Don't tighten it too much. And make sure it doesn't pop in or out while you are tightening the bolts.

jwh0818

Don't tighten it too much. And make sure it doesn't pop in or out while you are tightening the bolts.
Done. It took an hour and a half and I let the oil resistant silicone dry 3 hours.

Unfortunately, thats not the leak so I'm going to ntb so they can find it today

BankiBoi

Didn't we tell you to check those long time ago!! Clearly it was near the crank but can seals were a surprise. Hope you got impact gun to take those can seals off

jwh0818

Didn't we tell you to check those long time ago!! Clearly it was near the crank but can seals were a surprise. Hope you got impact gun to take those can seals off

I'm not doing it. I'm taking it to a shop. And I did check them, like 10 times but could never figure it out because the oil would drain around the oil pan. Its gonna cost like $1100.00 to fix these 3 seals!!!

dlo253

Dude.... cam seals are cheap as fuck. If u can't pull the gears then get a damn helms book, take cams out. Swap seals... not rocket science. It can be fixed for well under $50. But if u must get raped by a shop, be my guest.

jwh0818

Dude.... cam seals are cheap as fuck. If u can't pull the gears then get a damn helms book, take cams out. Swap seals... not rocket science. It can be fixed for well under $50. But if u must get raped by a shop, be my guest.
My biggest problem is messing up the timing

BankiBoi

Dude timing is easy just line up the crank and gears its simple. Google garage ninja.

Last edited: