looking to upgrade...

maurice

I need more power....
I have a b16 in the teg...
looking for a turbo maybe, but i want my engine to last for a couple years.
not sure what i can do for some cheap horsepower and really not sure where to start?

heritage36

Do you have anything done to it so far? If its your daily driver and you need it to last a while, I am not sure if I would recommend boosting it. I had a B16 del sol that I just put a header, intake intake manifold and full exhaust on and a few little things otherwise and it was quick enough to keep me happy and still totally reliable and got great mileage still. I guess it depends how much you want to spend and all.

emd513

theres alot of things you can do to it with out boosting. it all depends on how much your wanting to spend.

maurice

nothing really been done to the engine..
i have a stage 3 clutch..
gonna look into cat back with a header to start i guess..
i have a 70m tb i put on but the car ran like sh*t... shooting black smoke and idiling all crazy... so i put the factory back on..
what kind of intake would hike hp??

emd513

what kind of tb was it. do a 2.5 exhaust get bigger cams, cai, get a intake manifold. then turbo

emd513

also it doesnt have to be in that order

what kind of tb was it. do a 2.5 exhaust get bigger cams, cai, get a intake manifold. then turbo
2.5 inch exhaust is too big for an N/A b16. If he gets cams with more lift and duration he's going to need new springs and retainers at the least, I suggest new valves as well. An intake mani is not going to do any good on a stock internal b16.
OP, you're cheapest power adder is going to be nitrous, though I personally shy away from the bottle. It's too easy to go overboard and wreak havoc on your motor.
I would take the advice Dylan gave and boost the b16 and get a good tune.