LS Turbo w/ stock internals

sleeperintegra

i decided to go turbo on my 95 LS. i met a guy at the drag who ran 13s with LS turbo and stock internals. Anyone know what I should do to prepare my motor for turbo? Tune-ups of course but any specifics? thanks for the help :mrgreen:

ThirdGenLSR209

The best way to do it would be obviously to pick up another ls block and throw some stronger rods down there and while ur at it... some low c.r. pistons. A vtec oil pump wouldnt hurt regardless if you did a rebuild or not. Considering the block is not that much i would try and do a build up though. If you cant afford aftermarket rods you should go with ARP rod bolts at the very least on your stock rods. Maybe a Block Guard would help as well or if your doing a rebuild sleeve the block. As far as leaving stock internals and running boost, im almost positive your limited to around 8 pounds with out something going wrong. Fuel injectors would be a good idea, if your going to be running a good amount of boost then you will have to upgrade fuel injectors. But if the car is a daily driver then it would be a good idea to do a rebuild. I hope this information helped and good luck with whatever you do.

integraR

I say bore your cilinders and put new pistons and new cam shafts its probly the best to change the head !!! cause the one that you have right now is aluminum and wont hold as long as the cast Iron... yes the cast iron is heavyer but you want end up blowing your engine! and the difference between the aluminum and the cast iron will be about 20-30 extra pounds but the car wont even feel it cause you will have a turbo !

integraR

Originally posted by "sleeperintegra"

i decided to go turbo on my 95 LS. i met a guy at the drag who ran 13s with LS turbo and stock internals. Anyone know what I should do to prepare my motor for turbo? Tune-ups of course but any specifics? thanks for the help :mrgreen:

you know you have 3 choices... turbo which will blow your engine really fast if you dont put it right with all the requered parts...
supercharcher----- alot less parts requered and easyer to install
or neighter of those and get the same horse power or make 13 sec on a 1/4 mile and you can do that by changing the head with a GSR or a type R and changing the cam shafts.,., and pistons... lots easyer and cheaper stuff if you have any question e-mail me

KrNxRaCer00

honestly, u CAN get away w/ leaving ur motor stock and boosting around 10-12 psi at the track.

the lower compression will help a lot, but the mod's listed by the others of course won't hurt anything either (only help).

but, jus wanted u to know that u can keep it stock, and run 13's w/ only the turbo, w/ out a build.

integraR

Originally posted by "KrNxRaCer00"

honestly, u CAN get away w/ leaving ur motor stock and boosting around 10-12 psi at the track.

the lower compression will help a lot, but the mod's listed by the others of course won't hurt anything either (only help).

but, jus wanted u to know that u can keep it stock, and run 13's w/ only the turbo, w/ out a build.
yea you can but what I was saying is that you will end up blowing your engine

if you dont rebuild the car will still run but lets just say that the turbo will cut you off with about 250000 miles that you can get from the car...

KrNxRaCer00

Originally posted by "integraR"

KrNxRaCer00 said:

yea you can but what I was saying is that you will end up blowing your engine

if you dont rebuild the car will still run but lets just say that the turbo will cut you off with about 250000 miles that you can get from the car...
yes, i understand that as well, i was jus letting him know that he could run on lower boost w/ out blowing it immediately.

this way he could always build the motor AFTER his turbo is already installed.

if he runs only 6-7 psi for daily driving, his motor would handle it fine for many many miles. of course not as many as a N/A motor, but no turbo'd honda motor will ever be as reliable as a N/A one.

sleeperintegra

yes, i understand that as well, i was jus letting him know that he could run on lower boost w/ out blowing it immediately.

if he runs only 6-7 psi for daily driving, his motor would handle it fine for many many miles. of course not as many as a N/A motor, but no turbo'd honda motor will ever be as reliable as a N/A one.
who's 'he'? haha :shock:

KrNxRaCer00

Originally posted by "sleeperintegra"

KrNxRaCer00 said:

hah, the starter of the thread.

integralove

Originally posted by "integraR"

sleeperintegra said:

you know you have 3 choices... turbo which will blow your engine really fast if you dont put it right with all the requered parts...
supercharcher----- alot less parts requered and easyer to install
or neighter of those and get the same horse power or make 13 sec on a 1/4 mile and you can do that by changing the head with a GSR or a type R and changing the cam shafts.,., and pistons... lots easyer and cheaper stuff if you have any question e-mail me
HEY I HAVE A 96 GSR, HOW COULD YOU RUN 13 WITHOUT TURBO

sleeperintegra

sleeperintegra said:
KrNxRaCer00 said:

hah, the starter of the thread.
ahha, if i WAS a 'he' :roll: :lol: