LS Vtec

quickmr2

Hi Guys,
I remember reading on the forms some time back that someone posted it is cheeper to do a proper not "getto build" LS Vtec build than it is to do a Type-R Swap. Plus they said the Type-R Swap would only pull 145wHp vs. the 200 to 220 whp from the LS Vtec. My question is I would still have to replace my ECU and wiring harness right? Because I do not have Vtec right now. Just a plain old LS " B18B ". Also, what ECU would I want to get, and does that 200 - 220 use stock injectors? What is the highest CC Injector can I go with standard drop in fuel rail? Thanks guys. I am just trying to figure out which way to go for my car after motor goes out on it. I still have time to think but want to prepare my self for future. I already gave up on the K20A Swap idea, because it is to dang expensive. All good feed back is welcome. I know there are some real pros here.

fowler.j.12

Ghetto Lsv hurts engines alot. Too big of an oil line or something silly like that will really screw it up. I have never seen 200 put down on a stock ls-v.

Easiest way to go about it is to chip current ecu and get that tuned by someone for ls-v and then run wire from solenoid to harness.

gsr_nikhil

Lol there's a new LSV post every morning. Please either search on here or use this great website called google to help you

Nick_C78

Personally, I would get a P28 ECU and either get the vtec harness or wire up the solenoid yourself like someone previously stated. The reason for the P28 ECU is so nothing has to be altered.

Also, 200-220 whp is not going to be easy. It is going to require some good head work. All the power starts with the head. It also depends on what dyno you are tuned on. It is going to be easier to reach 200+ on a dynapack, but it isn't really wheel horse power.