Matt's DB8 Picture/Progress Thread

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Update

Here are some pics from about a month and a half ago. Forgot to post them up. Enjoy!

Me driving my friends Miata MX-5.

A closer shot.

I'm

Just

Passing

By.

My uncle's AP2.

My favorite shot.

This is why we're hot.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
JDMxDB8 said:
A Nikon. It's my friend's camera. One of those professional ones that are about 1000-1500.
oh...no thanks! lol!

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
JDMxDB8 said:
Thanks for the comments man! Here's are my responses:

1) Tires- I actually decided to go w/. the Falken Azenis RT-615 in 205/50/15.

2) Shocks/struts- Konis won't fit my GCs. So I'm going w/ the Tokico Illumina.

3) Sway bars- Planning to get an ITR front sway bar. Thanks for the tip. Was planning to just keep the stock.

4) Canyon Carving- Thanks for warning about the dangers. I am well informed of how dangerous it is up there going at a high speed. My team and I have rules that we absolutely have to follow. Number one is safety. No crossing the double-yellows, keeping a safe distance from the car in front of you, etc. Thanks for telling me the story. I sure as hell don't want my DB to end up like that EG. Also myself to suffer any injury.

5) Thanks again for the comments and for your time.
1. those are some nice tires. you'll be happy. i've rolled those before...a friend let me use 'em.

3. i plan on buying suspension techniques sways soon. once i start driving again, i'll definitely be auto-crossing. cant wait.

4. atleast you're being smart about it. my friend that wrecked the eg was stupid. he went balls to the walls all the time, no matter what. i used to have afew of my own rules too. i never drove hard with multiple cars if i didnt trust the drivers. i NEVER drove hard with another person in my car. you are responsible for the passengers...for example, in my situation...my friend was responsible for me when we wrecked...now he's facing jailtime...3 years most likely. i didnt drive hard with someone else in the car because i feel nervous...kinda like i'll push my car too close to the limit trying to impress without even knowing it. know what i mean?

5. no problem. btw, sorry if i'm cluttering your thread.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Np bro. Thanks for your input. Your Teg is sweet! Lovin the wheels!:thumbs up

About the shocks... I have the GC Limited Edition Street Kit, which don't fit w/ Konis or Bilsteins.

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
sikk pics... i gotta mob up there one day :thumbup:

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
are those canyon roads really clean? and from what i see...pretty wide? there isnt a such thing here in ohio. have you ever heard of the tail of the dragon? thats one road i will drive. if you havent, google it. 318 turns...11 miles...nuff said

RSMisfit

DA6righthand said:
are those canyon roads really clean? and from what i see...pretty wide? there isnt a such thing here in ohio. have you ever heard of the tail of the dragon? thats one road i will drive. if you havent, google it. 318 turns...11 miles...nuff said
i have seen a map of it
its nuts

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
JDMxDB8 said:
Thanks man! About the Kumhos, eh... They're ok. Im gonna get Yokohama AVS ES100s on all four corners in a couple of months.
Unfortunatly I hate to say it. Get either the Kumho Escata SPC or the BF Goodrich Traction T/A KDW's or Traction T/A Performance Pros. Those the best tires for auto x and touge runs

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
DA6righthand said:
Yeah the canyons are pretty clean, since Angeles is a state highway. Daym... That sounds like cornering nirvana.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Update

Just ordered a Cusco Type OS front strut tower bar. Gonna post up pics when I install it this weekend.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The Cusco strut bar is on backorder. SOB! Have to wait about a month til I get it.

Last edited: