Megan Racing vs DC Sport headers!!! need help!

SilverSophie

Im looking to get a header set for my car LS :) was looking into both megan racing and dc sports... however they are significantly different in price. cheaper the better in my case but i dont wanna skimp out on quality on performance! any advice?? anyone used megan racing header?
THANKS! any info is helpful!

98IntegraRS

personally right now i have a dc sports, only because i got it BNIB for 200$ local..

If i was to buy a new one i would buy a tri-y hytech replica or greddy header.

Coney

Spacely
If you really want high perfomance headers they cost way more than both of those two. In your case i would just rock the cheaper one

dc2_

they are the basically the same..at least thats wat a shop told me

get the megan..u wont be dissapointed

at least i wasnt

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
I have a megan header that I haven't put on yet but if you were to hold a dc sport header in one hand and a megan header in the other you really can see and feel a difference. The megan header was the one that seemed better quality in my opinion.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
You guys are all wrong. First of all, DC does TONS of R&D on their headers - they tune aspects like runner length, tubing size, and harmonic resonance (to improve vacuum for sucking gases out of the head). They also have better quality build and materials than Megan. They have been dyno proven time and time again to provide solid gains - even in the Import Tuner power pages tests and Sport Compact Car tests. Most of DC's headers are designed for street use, so they don't produce massive peak power gains like other headers. However, DC headers (especially the 4-2-1) make consistent 3-5 hp gains throughout the entire power band. In reality - especially for a street car - this is much more valuable than peak power in terms of function. Dyno queens not welcome :lol:

Megan Racing products are garbage. I've installed three Megan Racing headers and two of their test pipes on friend's cars. All three of the headers leaked from the stock gaskets, all had thin metal and shoddy welds. One of them actually cracked at a few of the welds over a very short period of time.

Both of the test pipes I installed along with the headers cracked and leaked at the welds within one week of use. My guess is that the materials they use can't handle the heat of the exhaust. On top of that, the fact that every single one leaked at the gaskets denotes a major flaw in the manufacturing process.

Also, there is little to no proof that the Megan headers will dyno with good gains, and the fact that they can't handle heat will severely dampen their effect long-term even IF they manage to make one or two good pulls.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You guys are all wrong. First of all, DC does TONS of R&D on their headers - they tune aspects like runner length, tubing size, and harmonic resonance (to improve vacuum for sucking gases out of the head). They also have better quality build and materials than Megan. They have been dyno proven time and time again to provide solid gains - even in the Import Tuner power pages tests and Sport Compact Car tests. Most of DC's headers are designed for street use, so they don't produce massive peak power gains like other headers. However, DC headers (especially the 4-2-1) make consistent 3-5 hp gains throughout the entire power band. In reality - especially for a street car - this is much more valuable than peak power in terms of function. Dyno queens not welcome :lol:

Megan Racing products are garbage. I've installed three Megan Racing headers and two of their test pipes on friend's cars. All three of the headers leaked from the stock gaskets, all had thin metal and shoddy welds. One of them actually cracked at a few of the welds over a very short period of time.

Both of the test pipes I installed along with the headers cracked and leaked at the welds within one week of use. My guess is that the materials they use can't handle the heat of the exhaust. On top of that, the fact that every single one leaked at the gaskets denotes a major flaw in the manufacturing process.

Also, there is little to no proof that the Megan headers will dyno with good gains, and the fact that they can't handle heat will severely dampen their effect long-term even IF they manage to make one or two good pulls.
yeah nick stole what i was gonna say