Mirrorimg's build thread

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
I <3 your front end fitment. I can't tell you how many Integras have poor fitment in the front, JDM or not.

mirrorimg

I <3 your front end fitment. I can't tell you how many Integras have poor fitment in the front, JDM or not.
Thanks. Since I painted my housings black, the grille is somewhat wedged between the lights, so its not as nice as it used to be. I think the headlights warped ever so slightly to throw off the alignment (nothing I can see with the naked eye).

CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
The rest of my parts cam in, one after another :D

B20 Headgasket, IM manifold, valve cover gasket/plug seals, and my Blox cam gears. I would have to say, she is all ready to bolt up to the motor. I will wait on that until I am ready to pay for a tune (and replace my header).

mirrorimg

Updated the original post with some hyperlinks to the pages.

I have ordered a Ebay exhaust and expect it to come in next Monday. Other than that, I need to contact the tuner my shop referred me to (who I have read some good reviews on from another local site) to find out what he needs to tune me. The shop has a dyno that this tuner rents to do tunes. I expect I may have a Hondata S300 when I get it tuned, and I will have lots of play for tweaking it myself down the road, or get re-tuned without having to burn new chips.

I will probably get the EMS from the tuner, as I believe he is a dealer.

mirrorimg

lmk how much s300 is man i need one i think
I think its going to run me $500. Everywhere I see online its like $495, and the prices don't deviate much (if any at all).

Anticipation is killing me
Its still a little ways out. I hope to be done in September. I need to save up for the EMS and tune once I figure out how much its going to cost. I'm working on saving for a house while I'm building this :D

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I think its going to run me $500. Everywhere I see online its like $495, and the prices don't deviate much (if any at all).

Its still a little ways out. I hope to be done in September. I need to save up for the EMS and tune once I figure out how much its going to cost. I'm working on saving for a house while I'm building this :D
i think im doing an OEM build to be honest...im going to either rebuild the c1 to stock or at most type a blox/skunk cams...=/ buttonwillow scared me

mirrorimg

i think im doing an OEM build to be honest...im going to either rebuild the c1 to stock or at most type a blox/skunk cams...=/ buttonwillow scared me
Oh yea? You know you will want more power after you're done. I mean, if your break it open, you may as well have some fun before you put it all back together, after which you may never crack it open again.

mirrorimg

Header came in this afternoon. I was happy to put it together when I got home, but upon opening the package, I knew things werent going to be perfect.

The welds look nice, but they could have done a better job with the inside of the flange at the header. I will probably take a grinder to it to smooth it out.

The packaging was also total shit. there was a small bit of bubble wrap around each piece, and it did not protect the tubing. One of the ends had a bend in it, which I had to work out. Another was a bit deformed and I had to bend it round as well.

jznsn2u

That looks really good for an ebay header. Will you be drilling another hole for the secondary o2 sensor?

mirrorimg

I picked up some new hardware today after work. The bolts provided were short, and I would have had to do some serious beating on the pipe to get them threaded. I had to file out some of the loops for the bolts because they did not line up properly. You can also see where the bend was that I worked out. Hopefully she doesnt leak. It will be a pain to take it back apart.

Here is the provided bolt next to mine. It was also an allen key bolt, so I felt more comfortable using the box end bolt.

Bend is visible on the right

And a close up of the welds/bolt

mirrorimg

I guess that is an option, but I dont know how much some one would charge to do that. I dont think I would be willing to pay $50 or more for it getting welded. I would be fine with some high temp RTV (if that could even withstand the temps lol.)

The packaging was terrible, which resulted in a little bend, but for $170-180, I cant beat it ;)