Mirrorimg's build thread

mirrorimg

I tried using an impact driver on the studs nearest the cam gears. It overlapped onto the edge of the journal and pushed it down, and bulged into the journal. I filed it away a little bit, so it didnt protrude into the journal, but it would need some refinishing to get it smooth. I dont think its that big of a deal, but nobody wants LS heads. Its all about the high flow vtec heads heh.

mirrorimg

Pic for reference.

i want it. Im making a table out of engine parts.
Sounds interesting. How do you plan on picking it up? I was going to bring it to recycling and get a couple $ because its aluminum, but if its for a good cause ;)

I take it you will use pistons and rods, welded together for legs. How do you plan on attaching that to an aluminum head?

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
or an LS head? lol! i have a full LS head ready to go

mirrorimg

Nope. I just needed valves, which I got out of this b18a1 I bought. 4 of mine were bent, so Im hoping these will be good. Will be taking them in tomorrow, so I should have the motor back before the week is out!

Im so excited. Then I get to order some new things from the dealer, like a timing belt, tensioner springs, etc.

mirrorimg

Thanks Jim, Matt. It's almost done now. I can't wait to see what the bill is at the machine shop :roll:

mirrorimg

Well it's going to be about 600 for the block and head, 70 for the crank, and whatever the flywheels costs to get resurfaced. I guess it isn't too bad :) I can wait!

mirrorimg

WOO. I just picked my engine up from the machine shop. Boy does it look nice :thumbs up

Price was a bit more than I expected, but I have an itemized report of everything that was done. It was about $900 for all the machine work and another $150 for the ACL bearings/thrust washers he ordered for me.

PICTARS
Cylinder Head

Cylinder Block

LS Flywheel thickness

ITR Flywheel thickness