missfire?

Mllamas10

What's up guys! To start I have a 98 gsr. The problem is when the car idles I has a very low sputtering sound! And when I'm goin in gear and let off the gas...it backfired and sputters when it passes 3k! it has no codes
What could it be?

Mllamas10

I changed out the plugs and wires and cleaned off the carbon on the cap. Would it be better to replace cap?

99tegjawn

Other (more intense) possible culprits.
Dirty IAC valve
Fuel filter/rail (unlikely)
Supercharger boost valve (most common)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mllamas10

I cleaned the iacv! It helped for bout a day lol and fuel filter is fairly new...ill look into valve adjust

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
People overlook this way too much. Not sure what the factory recommends, but I'm sure there are Integras out there that have well over 100k miles that have never had this done.
i learned the hard way -___- after tons and tons of research i found this answer...after a week of a flashing cel.

anyways i think its the .07mm .08mm intake .06 .07mm exhaust i may have gotten that backwards

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
.04-.06 intake .06-.08 exhaust I believe

Can old wires cause a misfire? I have been getting a CEL saying I've had a misfire in cylinder 3 for several months now multiple times. Cap, rotor (coil in my case), plugs, valves are all good.... 93k miles

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Clearence isn't that small. And yes a bad wire can cause it. There is a different way to diagnose 1 misfire vs all 4

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Such as?

I googled

B18B1 engine:
Intake?0.003-0.005 in. (0.08-0.12mm), Exhaust?0.006-0.008 in. (0.16-0.20mm)

B18C1 and B18C5 Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control (VTEC) engine:

Intake?0.006-0.007 in. (0.15-0.19mm), Exhaust?0.007-0.008 in. (0.17-0.20mm)