My New Daily Driven Replacement [ for now... lol ]

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
yes i still have the db8, but it doesn't look like its going to be moving anywhere anytime soon... lol. oh boy, what have i gotten myself into :p

so last weekend my buddy introduced me to this hatchy that was for sale... and the asking price... well, long story short... i bought the sucker! haha. so now i got a car to commute around while i finish up the db8 now the hard part now is trying to keep this sucker stock!!! ... and so far i already bought a couple things haha, its so damn cheap. no motor mods or suspension mods really... aside from intake and springs. so watch out now... b18 eg and k20 db!... haha j/k. i wish.

[ Purchased ] -
March '09

[ Chasis ] -
1994 Civic 3 Door DX || EH2 || Clean Title

[ Color ] -
Milano Red?

[ Power Unit / Drive Train ] -
[]Stock Non-Vtec Dude!

[ Exterior ] -
[] OEM Antenna Block-Off

[ Interior ] -
[] OEM GSR Leather Shift Knob

[ Suspension / Chasis Bracing ] -
[]Stock Dude!

[ Braking ] -
[]Stock Dude!

[ Electronics ] -
[]Pioneer Receiver

bone stock picture mang! ill snap some more pics later on. btw you see that big ass white bucket truck? thats what i roll around with since the 4 door been under the knife... the ladies love it when i stroll around at the beach with it... ROFL!!! the dx isn't in the mintiest condition but its do-able, i can't really complain for the price i got it for. the driver corner turn signal is cracked, so is the driver side coner tail light. driver seat is pretty beat it so that'll need to be replaced, there's something wrong with the constant 12v in the car... im only getting 3v and it fluxates. the motor feels strong for a 250k motor, previous owner said he rebuilt the head but the tranny needs to be replaced in a couple months. but i got a spare lx one lying around as a donor. aside from all that, it feels great driving again!

-=TO DO/PROJECT LIST=-
*nothing at the moment, its my beater!

-= INSTALL/PARTs LIST =-
*Install OEM Style Fog Lights
*Install OEM Honda Coin Pocket [ ordered and being shipped ]
*Install OEM Honda Arm Rest [ ordered and being shipped ]
*Install OEM Honda Audio Center Console [ ordered and being shipped ]
*Install OEM Saab Coin/Cup Holder [ ordered and being shipped ]
*Install OEM Honda Fog Switch
*Install OEM Honda Trunk Light

-= COMPLETED =-
* Installed OEM Honda Atenna Block-Off

-= SHOPPING LIST / WTB / WISH LIST =-
92-95 OEM Civic Coupe/Hatch Front Lip [ NO RIPs or TEARs ]
92-95 OEM Civic Coupe/Hatch Front Nose Bra/Bumper Cover [ NO RIPs or TEARs ]
92-95 OEM JDM Civic Coupe/Hatch HeadLights + Clear Corners [ All Clear / NO Cracks or Broken Tabs! ]
92-95 OEM JDM Civic HatchBack Tail Lights [ NO CRACKs or DAMAGEs!!! ]
92-95 OEM JDM Civic HatchBack SiR Wing
92-95 OEM Civic HatchBack Mud / Splash Gaurds
92-95 OEM Civic HatchBack Cargo Cover
92-95 OEM Civic HatchBack Rear Speaker Panel / Bracket
94-95 OEM Civic Del Sol Seats [ ALL BLACK / NO RIPs or TEARs ]
94-01 OEM Integra Shifter
EG/DC OEM Stanley Side Markers [ Clear or Amber ]
EG/DC Eibach SportLine Springs
OEM EK4 SI-R wheels​

so far it brings back memories of when i had my 97 ex... its fun fixing up a stock ride. so many things to do... and definately clean... which i hate, but old cars need lots of love. so far i wanna do some upgrades... mostly accesories but nothing too drastic. i gotta remind myself its a beater, not a luxury car like the teggy :p right now im concentrating on the interior and the electronics/wiring. but yea, the civic is going to get some lovin for a lil bit til the motor is done :thumbup:

dun dun dun.... to be continued.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

The front looks really glossy, but the rear seems to be streaking a bit. Have you though about buffing it up some? And get yourself some horn buttons :???:

Otherwise, nice pick up :D

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
thanks for the comment guys, i picked this sucker up for $1000'ish more or less :p figured i'd dump another $1000'ish more or less making it look pretty. haha its an old car so the roof definately has oxidation, the paint isn't pretty at all. different shades of red, the pin stripe is baked on it. its definately a beater, but ill give it some nice lovin :thumbs up

so, some UPDATEs!!

when i say civic parts are cheap... dammit they are fucking CHEAP!!! lol. damn ebay, haha. so i picked up some of these OEM style fog lights complete with harness, brackets, and what not for $38 shipped vs $150 and thats usually just the fog lights only, but its real deal OEM shit, better quality. however i eventually will upgrade the fog light projectors with possibly lexus es fog light projectors. from what i understand they put out 10x better light output. but for now i upgraded the bulbs and painted the housings flat black. i didn't like that grey pin stripe looking type deal.

ebay s0n!

scuffed down with some scotch [ top one still has fine coat, bottom is scuffed ]

used some flat black enamel paint, and this is the results

i upgraded the bulbs, im pretty sure ebay stuff will supply me some crappy bulbs.

hella bulbs boyeeeee.

i also bought me a OEM atenna block-off $12 shipped, since mines had a dinky ass antenna on it.

im not going to install the fog lights yet, im waiting for some other parts first and i wanna put it on all at once. searching for a mint front chin spoiler and some oem jdm clear corners. debating on what wheels i want to get, i want the oem ek4 sir wheels but those are gonna take some time to find, i sorta want some rota slips... but i kinda rather get oem wheels. blades are too tempting for folks to steal. maybe to fat offset aftermarket black dummies :what:

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
MORE UPDATEs!

so i was driving the other day... and i noticed my left foot felt weird... like it was missing something and it felt uncomfortable... but what? i've never really noticed or bothered me before until i didn't have it. its weird how they say " you never know how important something is until its gone" or something similar to that... well its true. i didn't realize the DX didn't supply a foot rest... wtf? not like its some special edition accessory, it should be standard. but honda probbably saved SOME money with less supply and labor.

whats missing?

ahhh, precut mats and prethreaded holes :thumbup:

scouple of parts came in... and i started ripping off the panels and prepping everything. and boy.... this car dirty, dusty, and smelly. turned on the compressor and started blasting away... and some of that orange clean. i shoulda took some before pics.... man that shit was dirty. even tho its my beater, it still gotta be clean to breathe in, lol.

and a lil exterior touch up, still in the works. friend donated some amber corners, so these will do for now. i kinda like em, but then i kinda hate them. maybe on a white car it would look way better. maybe one day i'll slap on a sohc vtec head but it saves mad gas right now.

didn't take pics of the parts installed yet, im still waiting for some other parts to come in to complete it. really looking into the all black del sol seats next, and possibly some OEM Wheels or flat black rota slips [ no sh-po0ons for this beater ] and eibach sportlines. i loved the springs when i had them on the old civic, hoping for the same results but with stock shocks. so yea... the daily beater is almost complete. stock oem honda dooo!