n00b (on this forum anyways) with compression issue

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
oh another thing i forgot, the second set of marks you see there with the red marker is your timing marks, after you get it running you need to reset your timing... you know what im just gonna email you the service manual, its a 96 and the manual is a 94, but alot of the info should still apply, at least to the physical engine related information. lemme know where i can send it.

CaliBoy

OK, so i will take the shafts out and re-torque the head bolts. i did follow the correct sequence shown in one of my pics. i forgot where i found that but it was a head gasket DIY.

"Torque the cylinder head bolts, in 2 progressive steps: First to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm), in sequence, then to 61 ft. lbs. (85 Nm), in the same sequence. This sequence is the same as on earlier Integra engines. "

does this look correct? 30 nm then 85 nm

can you please email me the manual to idouoooo at msn dot com

thank you for the manual in advance!

wont be working on the car today as ...well u know Superbowl and all.....but i will try to finish it Monday. Everything is basically put back together. all is left is to redo the bolts and figure out what i am doing wrong with the timing belt as the slack wont go away no matter what i do.

Last edited:

CaliBoy

i forgot which outlet / inlet this tube goes into.... is this correct or does it go in the upper or lower outlet?

also, how is this little hose routed? i know where it end up but forgot how it is routed...

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
the arrow hose goes to (triangle) and the (square) loops back into circle

Last edited:

CaliBoy

thank you for the service manual Spawne32

and thank you for the pic endo617, the hoses fit perfectly!

CaliBoy

what do you guys thing, does the timing look right?

marker w/out under pulley on:

under pulley and belt on:

timing on camshafts:

that is as close as i could get it after trying and trying over and over and over like 20 times....

i can line up the camshafts perfectly like this w/out belt on like this:

but with the belt on this is as best as it gets:

is that close enough?:what:

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
where is the bottom mark when the lines are together, if you rotate it back a hair those two lines should line up, then you should be able to see where the TDC line is, sometimes its hard to get it exactly because the engine is actually not straight up when in the car, its tilted slightly towards the front, so the cam sprockets and their up positions need to be tilted slightly forward as well to be "straight"

CaliBoy

where is the bottom mark when the lines are together, if you rotate it back a hair those two lines should line up, then you should be able to see where the TDC line is, sometimes its hard to get it exactly because the engine is actually not straight up when in the car, its tilted slightly towards the front, so the cam sprockets and their up positions need to be tilted slightly forward as well to be "straight"

the bottom mark is as you see it in the picture above. i don't know, even if i wanted to i couldn't get it more perfect. im just gona put it together tomorrow and see what happens.

CaliBoy

by the way, the zip file for the manual is no good. i downloaded it several times and i keep getting corrupt file.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
by the way, the zip file for the manual is no good. i downloaded it several times and i keep getting corrupt file.
its not a zip file, its a winrar file, you have to use winrar to open it :p rar files compress more then zip thats why i use it

CaliBoy

well the car is completely reassembled. all the fluids have been replenished. battery fully charged but the car wont start up. it turns over and over and sounds super smooth but it just wont run. there is fuel going in but its not starting. i took the spark plug wires out and i dont see a spark....

what should i check?

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
well the car is completely reassembled. all the fluids have been replenished. battery fully charged but the car wont start up. it turns over and over and sounds super smooth but it just wont run. there is fuel going in but its not starting. i took the spark plug wires out and i dont see a spark....

what should i check?
how did you install the distributor? Did you plug in the crank position sensor? The distributor should be installed facing straight up with no movement in its position if you didnt mark its position already with a marker when you removed it, then you will have to reset the timing back to 16 degrees, which is the red line. The service manual has the method for adjusting the ignition timing.

CaliBoy

where is the crank position sensor? i plugged everything back in but i will double check...

i put the distributor straight back as i removed it. i did not mark the position but i set it on cylinder 1 before i installed it.

Here is the distributor position on TDC...

here are the cam shafts on TDC

and here is the TDC mark on the under pulley..

everything is lined up correctly, what im i missing here? is the position on the distributor correct? i dont see a red line anywhere...

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
your timing marks look good, your crank position sensor is here...

i forgot to mention, did you do a valve lash adjustment after assembling the motor?