NastyDB8's swag-mobile ; )

NastyDB8

NastyDB8's build thread

Hey what's up CI became a member on this forum back in 2009 and back then I "HAD" :( a 90' LS DA9 w/b20 swap...man I loved that car and since then I had the love bug for teg's. It was my first teg and i put alot of LOVE, SWEAT and BLOOD into that project car....but on a fateful night Dec. of 2011 she was stolen from my home and to this day never recovered. :evil:

...Moving on to current build.... I really wanted another second gen but at the time I couldn't replace my first baby,However in search for another ride because I needed transportation to get to work and time was not on my side...and everyone knows you really shouldn't rush when searching for another project vehicle but it looks like the "TEG GODS" where watching over me and my predictament and I came across a 1996 DB8 with some driver side damage because the owner told me that the car had a salvage title , looks like the car had front end damage , but it was repaired. So I ask the owner at the time if we could look at the engine bay and me not expecting much was actually surprised:shock: to see that the car had a clean B18C engine with matching stamped VIN # tranny, well after talking abit with the owner we agreed on a final price and I drove her home.

HERE'S A PIC OF WHEN I FIRST GOT HER.

HERE'S A SHOT OF ENGINE BAY

HERE'S THE SIDE WITH SOME DAMAGE

I am gonna guess the color is Sonic Blue pearl and me personally was not feeling the gold wheels....it kinda reminded me of the typical Subaru colors scheme I have seen and I did not want peeps thinking I am trying to copy off a Subaru , that's not my style. I prefer a more stealthy approach to this build so I am gonna continue with this body color and matte black instead.

So me being excited about my new family member " Daisy" the gold wheels were really bugging me..sooooo

THEN

AND THIS IS HOW I LEFT HER FOR ABOUT A MONTH

FINALLY GOT IT DONE

I'll post more pics tomorrow as well as my plans for my build, it will be a slow process because ...well real life stuff happens but I will update as much as I can....

** ORIGINAL ENGINE **

B18C (GS-R)

STOCK GSR CAMS
DC 4-1 HEADER
STOCK MANIFOLD
STOCK INJECTORS
SHORT RAM INTAKE
P72 ECU

******** UPDATE 4/10/2013 *********

B18C1 (HEAD)

* Crower valvetrain
* Skunk2 Tuner 2 cams
* BDL cam gears
* Skunk2 74MM Pro throttle body
* Skunk2 74MM Ultra Street manifold
* Skunk2 Alpha header
* RC 440 injectors
* no port and polish (budget did not allow for it at the moment)
* B20VTEC Conversion kit

B20B (BOTTOM END)

* Balanced and micro polished crank
* 85mm
* RS Machined ITR style pistons comp. 11:5.1

P28 ECU
Hondata s100

I will be tuning soon and post dyno after tune....I am shooting for 200whp-220whp

Last edited:

NastyDB8

Nice DB, next time you paint your wheels us index cards, so much easier
Thanks bro...and should i decide to change the color of my wheels i will definately give that a try :)

NastyDB8

So i decided to further inspect my new acquisition and found this : (

of course a new header will be ordered eventually not really a rush at the moment since there are no holes in the current one , but it is beat up.

NastyDB8

I also swapped out the old clear signal lights for amber ones..i wasn't feeling the clear that much.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
So i decided to further inspect my new acquisition and found this : (

of course a new header will be ordered eventually not really a rush at the moment since there are no holes in the current one , but it is beat up.
HOLY DENTED HEADER BATMAN! Hit me up when you're ready to order a new header. I got you homie. :thumbs up

Last edited:

NastyDB8

rock that header till the s*** falls off. needs moar lower :D
Oh it will go lower eventually not too much, but right now she's sitting on KYB shocks and Megan Racing lowering springs... I don't like this combination personally the car has waaaay too much body roll when turning.

j13

Keep It Clean
Looks like you have a nice parts list, your car gets up and goes, im sure this will be a beast