need tips on painting

RonnieJ86

no i aint no clean up guy sorry i actually do work there and just like u said they do it that way to save money. and since this guy is trying to save money like he posted im telling him how they would do it at a shop. now he can do it how ever he wants to with the info thats giving on here his choice.

dlo253

Well, in the op. He said he thinks it would turn out good if he did it the RIGHT way, so why not tell him the correct way instead of the cheap half ass way.

RonnieJ86

so its implying thats how the shops do it but if u want get technical bout it why not give him useful tips on matching that white for the door instead of worry bout what i said. this thread is bout giving this guy help on painting his door not trying to prove me wrong.

dlo253

OK, lets agree to disagree. Tips to help: don't listen to Ronnie, sand the door down real good, moving up to finer grit as you go. Pick up some body filler to fix any little dents or dings if needed. Smooth it out, shoot primer, scuff it down again. Paint. Idk if you have it handled from that point or not, if not shoot me a PM I'd be glad to help.

dlo253

Hahahaha, got a jokester on our hands. Lol.

99tegjawn

Make sure you wash it really good with a degreaser before paint as well and try not to touch it after you wash it. The grease from your hands will make the paint fish eye or orange peel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94StockLS

Alright thnx guys
This weekend ill begin sanding the clear coat down i was thinking 400 grit nd then 600.?

99tegjawn

That's after primer it's a waste of time to do that before hand. 220 dry or 400 wet then primer then 400 and then 600 then paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowANDslowDA9

If you want it to last long. Just seal the whole door. Wet sand it with 400 and sray it. I work at a dealer ship in the body shop.what color are you painting it.

94StockLS

I personally love the side molding delete although you'll have to weld metal into the holes left behind. Whenever I get around to repainting my whole car ill be doing this

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Yea i think that just having molding on the door on my car is kinda pointles if it was on the front and rear fenders id keep it