New Member - Pics of my Top Mount Turbo GSR

Dc41994

Hella hella sick car, damn gas where ever you live is a bitch, it's goin up here too though at 3.61

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Just wanted to make sure the TE37s were real. See too many people rock fakes ones that's why. Clean DC2 bro!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I actually sunk the car today, water came in the doors and flooded the cabin.

So much for it for a while
That sucks man, how did that happen? Well welcome and the car looks like a fun project, hopefully it's all salvageable and there's no electrical damage. You didn't suck any water up in the motor did you?

TopMountGSR

thats a hefty size turbo you got there, very nice ride man :headbang:
Thanks man, most said I wouldn't spool it before 7k, I can stomp it at 4k and the boost rockets.
Hella hella sick car, damn gas where ever you live is a bitch, it's goin up here too though at 3.61
Ya its high, I normally pay around 3.45
looks great..turbo looks huge..
Thanks man, that was the idea ;)
Just wanted to make sure the TE37s were real. See too many people rock fakes ones that's why. Clean DC2 bro!
Trust me I understand, I hate seeing rotas with volk stickers on them.
welcome what turbo u runing?
Garrett 60-1 stg 5 .70 on the blower
That sucks man, how did that happen? Well welcome and the car looks like a fun project, hopefully it's all salvageable and there's no electrical damage. You didn't suck any water up in the motor did you?
I was going through some water when the roads flooded, lets just say it got real deep all of a sudden. The car is fine, I just had to rip all the interior out and let it all dry. Engine is ok too. I got lucky

TopMountGSR

Like who? :crazy:

:lol:

Honestly man I see it at car shows all the time, as well as team integra from time to time.

Once you have volks though, fakes are easy to spot. On the TE's, you can tell fakes by the non polished lip, no taper on the spokes, rubber valve stim, lugs are aligned with spokes, stickers are on the wrong spokes, and no crome rays sticker.

I really don't mind rota's, in fact if I were to do it all over again. I'd save some lute and go with rotas. If you bust a wheel on the street or track, its big bucks and a waiting game to find a replacement. With rotas its $100, a mouse click away and a two day wait for the ups truck. I just don't like when people buy the volk/rays stickers and try to pass them as real te's instead of grids.

dk

I have some new pics that I will post tom. I washed it, clay bar'd it, and did a 3 stg wax job. It actually looks like I repainted it. The white is soo much brighter. I never really understood that the wax cleaner actually removed stuff washing wont.

I'm also looking into building a sleeved 84mm setup w cp pistons, paulter or manley rods, knifed and balanced, the works.

TopMountGSR

Washed clay bar'd three stage waxed it and took some high res pics.

I had it tuned, now I'm retuning because of a cheap b&m reg.

Let me know what you all think,
Also I believe I have made a deal on a sleeved 84mm block with a friend, so I guess I will be building another engine for it going 2.0.

TopMountGSR

Maybe I missed it, what numbers are you putting down?
My butt dyno and benchmarking skills say over 400 ;)

I'm actually scared to dyno the thing. I have already paid for the dyno tune and everything. I just haven't got around to doing it in fear of things going wrong like, poping my engine, something failing and my car going into the wall, some low numbers.. Maybe I just need to remove my balls from my purse and get it over with.