New Motor Setup

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Only LSD i've ever delt with was Quaife and OEM LSDs. I'm selling a stock Honda Headgasket for $50 if you need one. I had to order a topend gasket set and it came with it but I can't use it cause of my 84mm bore. Its oem so since your sticking with the stock bore I figured I would see if you need it. It normal $80bucks so I'm selling it for 50.

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
I have 2 OEM headgaskets actually.

I was asking cause I know a guy selling a KAAZ LSD for 500 and only used for a short period of time @ 35% lock.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Actually we put a kaaz in my buddies RX7 it worked good, I don't know too much about them tho, I guess if the plates are all in good shape it would be ok. I've used used ones before, I put a 300zx one in my 240 and also used the Infinity G20 ones. I had the Quaife in the turbo'd teg I had. It worked good, I mean it felt like any other car with a lsd, I was used to having them in my vehicles so I noticed not having one more than I did with them.

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
gotcha. I'm thinkin if I should get it or not, i'd have to borrow some money but 500 for KAAZ lsd isnt bad.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So I was having some of the money blues here recently, after realizing that this motor build is costing way more than I wanted it to. None the less I decided to add everything up so far in case anyone was wondering what doing something like this costs. I know they sell motors like this on some sites that are already assembled and I will say not as good as this but they run around $12,000-$15,000. So incase you guys are feeling frisky and like what you see I have spent exactly $7608.49 Keep in mind that is just what you see, that does not include already having the car and engine or any mods like I/H/E, that number is simply what is included here, also not including the AEM fuel rail and FPR, because I already had them. But if you would like me to break everything down individually with specific prices I would be happy to do so, so that everyone can see why building a crazy N/A platform is so much more of a pain in the ass financially. Oh this also doesn't include any labor except for the head porting so luckily i'm assembling it all myself or I could throw another $5000 on to that figure. So once again that number was >>>>>>

$7608.49 And still rising as I keep finding out there's more stuff I need. :smackself

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
One of the best $1000 ever spent. Golden Eagle sleeved 84mm b17 block. Went thru DFE Enterprises Jacksonville, FL.

Looks soo pretty!

I almost wish I was boosting it so I could see how much it would hold:lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea I can finally start putting it together, this motor is going to be by far one of the sickest ones i've ever built. Only bested I think by the M88 3.5L straight 6 I built for my M6

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I mean for the price it's not bad, they line bored the block, installed there sleeves and resurfaced the block, I don't know the exact price yet but it was all under 1g. That also includes surfacing the cylinders according to the pistons your using.