New to cars, but this is my baby

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
That blue green pearl looks delicious, I just may have to go with it. I'm gonna talk to a few guys I work with today to see if I could have them paint my car for cheaper than a shop outside of where I work. And an update, I got my AEM filter in today. The parts got delayed for some reason, but the rest of my SRI should be in by Friday, along with the mugen-style front lip. I'm gonna try to make videos of the before and after at least, just to show the sound difference. Gonna redo that muffler video too because it sounds like crap lol. Had the phone way too close to the muffler. Not fully sure if the filter I ordered is gonna fit the SRI, since it's just a random eBay intake, but we'll see. More updates soon!

Sent from my girlfriend's pet cat using Tapatalk 2

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Alright, I've just finished installing the Spec-D Mugen Style front lip. Gotta say, I think it looks pretty damned sexy. The fitment has to be worked before screwing things in, but in the end, I say it fits pretty well. Below I've posted the before and after. Gonna post photos of the fitment (after screwing up a few times, of course) in a few minutes.

Before:

After:

94RS

No fucks given.
Looks pretty good, I see you got an offset plate holder too. :thumbs up Next step, clean up those headlights. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two.

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Thanks man! And true, those do need to be cleaned up. I'm gonna install the intake tomorrow, but if I end up having free time this weekend, I'll definitely clean those up. Next paycheck I'm looking to order some new corner lights too. They're both yellowed, and one of them is cracked :\ Keep having no luck down at the junkyard.

94RS

No fucks given.
You looking for OEM replacements or clear, amber, smoked amber, black aftermarket lenses? Aftermarkets from eBay would probably be the same price as some used OEM.

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Probably something close to OEM. I like the amber look, it gives some color to my front end. Mine are completely amber though, I'd prefer something half clear half amber like these:

I'm not too familiar with factory light types. Is that OEM as well?

94RS

No fucks given.
They're OEM, but they're JDM Si-VTEC corners. Which means IF you can find them, you're gonna pay anywhere from $80-150 for them.

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Damn. Always the nice looking ones lol. Well, for now, I just need something that's not cracked open, so all amber will do. Gonna try and keep installing things every week. Just getting into cars and this stuff is addictive lol.

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Got bored tonight and decided to take a few pictures of the car at night. Long-exposure photography with a few flashlights always yields such fun results:

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Painting with light FTW.

Going back to the corners though, I don't think your car would look too bad with a set of clears and amber led bulbs. Either that or smoked amber lenses.

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
That looks clean, man!
I'm liking the work you've done so far. Keep up the nice work. :)
Thanks man! I'm gonna try my best to keep everyone updated :thumbs up

Painting with light FTW.

Going back to the corners though, I don't think your car would look too bad with a set of clears and amber led bulbs. Either that or smoked amber lenses.
On the one hand, there this (ugly):

But then there's also this (nice):

So I guess it could go either way. As long as clears would be cheap, I wouldn't mind getting them. Either one is cool, I just want something clean that's not too ugly. And in reference to the photo of the good-looking car, I'm considering installing a sunroof in the car, too. In my mind it's as simple as cutting a hole or two, moving the dome light, and shoving a salvaged manual sunroof in there--but my mind makes everything SEEM easy lol. Just rambling off future plans for the car