New to cars, but this is my baby

94RS

No fucks given.
Just look through eBay, there's tons of different ones under $30. Might find something you like.

And I didn't realize you had an RS (no factory sunroof or ABS), but find someone with an LS or GSR sedan, they might swap you roofs since RS roof skins are sought after for weight loss. You would just have to figure out the wiring. Mine had an aftermarket sunroof installed back in 93, so idk about all the weight loss :lol:

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Came across these lights for pretty cheap: http://bit.ly/17KjaxK

They look pretty decent, so I'll probably get those next week. And as far as I know I have an LS sedan, just no sunroof lol. I'll have to look into roof swapping though, sounds above my skill level lol. Good news though, my intake will be here today, so I'll have video/pics up later today if I have some free time for the install.

Sent from my girlfriend's pet cat using Tapatalk 2

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
So, today I installed the intake. The AEM filter I ordered was 2.5" though, which wasn't a fit for the 3" tubing of the eBay intake, so I just installed the whole eBay intake for now and will attach the AEM filter when I get the correct size back in the mail. Gotta say, it looks and sounds super sexy. I'm currently rendering a video of the install and some tests, so that'll be up soon. Also, a lot of people seem to think the annoying whistle sound you hear from an aftermarket intake is normal--it's not. I found, on this forum, a thread showing exactly what causes this problem and how to fix it. I had never heard of the whistling issue until I installed and couldn't stand it lol. After cranking the idle screw a bit, the sound is almost mute. Coming from someone who hasn't owned a powerful-sounding car before, I really think the intake adds a lot to the aggressive sound of the car. When I put my foot down it sounds like I'm sitting on a few hundred more horses than I really am lol. Here's what the intake looks like installed:

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Here's the video :)

[YOUTUBE="How To: Short Ram Intake Installation (94 Integra LS) + TESTS"]6fkPvKYrGBU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Weird, I've never known of an LS not to come with a sunroof, but from what I can see in your engine bay shot, it looks like you have ABS (left of the air filter). :what:

Speaking of the bay, if you're gonna start putting shiny things in there, you should make the rest of it look good too. Follow this DIY: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=71580 Doesn't take any longer than an hour 1/2, most of which is waiting for it to dry, and about $8.

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
True true, I could definitely use a good cleaing lol, thanks. I should be able to do that this Friday after my car gets back from the shop. My mid-pipe almost snapped in half yesterday and is currently being held together with muffler putty until Friday when I get paid -_- The wonderful world of a completely rusted exhaust system. Friday I'm gonna go get it welded, but I'm eventually gonna just order a new mid-pipe so I don't have to worry about the next part that's gonna break in half.

94RS

No fucks given.
The joys of owning a 20 year old car :lol:

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Seems to me like a new cat-back is in order. Sure, a new mid-pipe would fix it, but a new cat-back would fix any other possible exhaust related issues down the road and would be cheaper in the long run; plus, it'd sound better. You could look into the Yonaka cat-back exhausts sold on here through TunerSports. They're $200-something for the full system. They don't have any systems made directly for the sedans, but a '92-'95 Civic exhaust would fit without any issues; all you'd need to do is have your local exhaust shop weld on an extension. You could also have them move the resonator up closer to the car, too; the resonator hangs kinda low.
Anyways. My $0.02. :)

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
Seems to me like a new cat-back is in order. Sure, a new mid-pipe would fix it, but a new cat-back would fix any other possible exhaust related issues down the road and would be cheaper in the long run; plus, it'd sound better. You could look into the Yonaka cat-back exhausts sold on here through TunerSports. They're $200-something for the full system. They don't have any systems made directly for the sedans, but a '92-'95 Civic exhaust would fit without any issues; all you'd need to do is have your local exhaust shop weld on an extension. You could also have them move the resonator up closer to the car, too; the resonator hangs kinda low.
Anyways. My $0.02. :)
True true, the bolts on the cat are even worse than the ones on the header heat shield lol. I just don't have that kind of money at the moment. Trying to save for other things. I've managed to find a mid pipe for around $100 that will hopefully do the job once I get it ordered. I'll deff be getting a new cat soon, though, as I'm sure there nothing actually inside of it now lol. The muffler that used to be on the car that I replaced recently was literally just an empty can lol. I have been noticing, though--for some reason part of my mid pipe is hanging down really low compared to all the parts on hangers. The part underneath the long section of heat shield. I'm not sure why, but it has no support whatsoever, so it's just hanging down, and coming down more every day. Has anyone else encountered this? I've searched around but didn't find anything on this specific problem.

Bluesoldier11

Car Noob
So, lately, I've been having problem after problem with this car. I've had her for over 3 years, and I've never had things go this awry. Yesterday I was driving around with my girlfriend, and the car just....cuts off. While I'm driving. Doesn't shake, doesn't sputter, just cuts right off. It started right back up just fine, but shut off/refused to start several more times throughout the day. I'm considering selling this car now. I can put up with noises and the occasional bump, but adding "randomly shuts off" to the laundry list of things wrong with this car may have just sealed her fate.