non-srs steering wheel

juandc4

Hi does anyone that stay in cali know if by putting a non-srs steering wheel in your DC affect your insurance?

Noneed2Hate

I'd imagine it wouldn't, however if you crashed it and they sent investigators to look at the damage etc and saw that they would probably make a deal about it.

But having a non-srs wheel is stupid dangerous, especially if you don't plan on getting the rest of the things intended to go with it. I.E 5 pt, bucket seat, roll cage etc.

juandc4

oh ok yea i dont want to change it i like the fact that i can put my hand it the bottom side of the steering wheel and just cruise i was thinking of putting one i guess to prevent it from being stolen but your right there is no need for me to put it thanks man

DB7ish

When you park at night, unplug the airbag, undo the torq screws for the airbag, undo the steering wheel nut, and disconnect the rest of the plugs. Takes 20 mins.

OEM release steering wheel. Ballin' on a Budget. lol.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it does not do anything to insurance. You have to however have the horn hooked up. have it hooked up to the horn button on the aftermarket wheel or to a switch easily accessible.

juandc4

Koo thanks for the info now to see what type of steering wheel i want i am thinking of going with the type r.