Noobie with a '00 GS looking for some tips

Boxy

Hey guys,

So recently my cousin gave me an old '00 GS 2dr that he had around. Thing is though, it's kind of got a piece from every damn Integra model out there because my cousin and his friend fixed it up after buying it from a crash or something. Anyways, from what I know here's what's different about the car: Front end is apparently a JDM, but it's still got the circular lights (I thought JDMs had the straight Honda lights?), Steering wheel is from a '94 (doesn't really affect the car), it doesn't have the original manual transmission (cousin put in an auto from I'm assuming an LS for his sister because she couldn't drive stick), seats are from a GS-R (can't complain, they're sexy), and aside from that everything should be stock, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, what I really wanted to know was, how hard would it be for me to swap the auto and put in a manual? The whole front end and chassis are made for a manual already, so would I just have to go out and grab a GS or GSR tranny and get someone to put it in for me? How much would that cost (approximately)?

And lastly, just a few little things I noticed with the car. Do all Integras rev at like 2k RPM until the engine heats up enough? Mine starts at 2k and slowly works down to 800. If I shift it into reverse or drive right after starting, the thing bolts back or forward because it's revving 2k. Also, is the vibration of the steering wheel and basically the dash pretty normal when you're stationary at a stop light in drive with the brakes engaged?

Thanks for reading my wall of text if you did, and I appreciate any info some of you pros can give me! I'm only a 16 year old, just got lucky by getting a sexy ass integra. I'd really like to know how to best maintain it and everything, so any bit of information helps!

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
Front end is apparently a JDM, but it's still got the circular lights (I thought JDMs had the straight Honda lights?), it doesn't have the original manual transmission (cousin put in an auto from I'm assuming an LS for his sister because she couldn't drive stick),
if the car was originally a manual trans car why would he put a automatic trans when his sister needs the auto trans?? she kept manual then??... then you wanna convert back to manual when his sister needs a automatic but kept the manual cause she cant drive stick?? im so lost :shock: and what you need is a LS 5spd trans or GSR trans lol GS is trim model..... and the car bolting back and forth is trans going bad or mounts are bad.... and no its not suppose to vibrate..... im so confused now

:nopics:

Last edited:

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
like he said he only 16.... we all been there one point in our life but yes X2 thread fail

did the thread title change? or am i trippin?

coop

putting an auto tranny in a manual car is like blasphemy in my opinion lol

but mine revs up pretty high when it starts too and idles high untill it warms up..

coop

oh and like someone else said, id get rid of it if its had that much work done... sell it and buy another or something

Boxy

@fernando Noo, the car was originally for his sister and she couldn't drive manual. So before he gave her the car, he had to put in an auto for her so she could drive it. She got herself a brand new Accord like a year ago, and so he gave this car to me. I don't know what he did with the manual trans that he took out, and I really wish he hadn't taken it out.

@coop It really hasn't had that much work done on it, just mainly the transmission. The interior is in great condition, and so is the rest of the engine. I just really want to know more about Integras and everything. Also, how much would an LS or GSR 5 speed trans run me? And what kind of mileage should a trans have when I buy it?

Thanks guys, sorry I know I probably seem retarded, but I am a newbie afterall.

rybread761

FAIL THREAD. Post pics up! Maybe we can have another pic to throw up for the 'POST PICS OF LOCAL RICERS' thread afterwards lol

Boxy

Alrighty, uploading the pics to imageshack right now! Also I think the seats are not from a GSR as my cousin told me, GSRs have leather seats right?

What the hell, the pics won't show in my post :( Does imageshack work for using the image tags? Gonna upload them somewhere else, brb D:

Last edited:

Boxy

Alrighty I went and created a stupid photobucket account just for this haha.

Here are the pics, sorry for the quality, I took em with my phone camera:

Reason that in this pic the plate is white and in the next it's green is because this pic was taken right after I drove it over to my house from Toronto after my cousin gave it to me.

Boxy

It's only got about 100-110k miles, its at 170k KM right now. The body really is in great condition, but while it was laying in an industrial lot in Toronto some jerk side swiped the front right bumper so its cracked, I put up some metal tape on it for now. Can't find any cheap front bumpers that are silver :/