Official Auto Integra Squad!

Boxy

my car makes the screeching sound when i brake too and when i drive slow as well, no way to impress the ladies LOL...do u think it could be the brakes are to old and worn??

NVM i just saw the post at the top
Yeah I've checked my pads and rotors, they were fine. I'm just baffled as to what's going on.

Mine does the same thing, but only sometimes. I dont understand it at all. Sometimes its quiet as a mouse, then next time i gotta stop its a loud annoying screech. Front rotors and brake pads are good, and i just replaced back rotors and pads last month. Its bugging me because it seems it doesnt do it as much when im going up or down a hill, but mostly does it on level ground...:what:
I still have no ideas! My pads and rotors are fine as well. It seems the noise comes from the front though, if that makes a difference. And mostly the passenger side.

Ganyon

Try putting some of the brake goo suff on the back of the pads. It seems to help. My dads car was squeaking crazy right after the brakes were done. He put the goo on the back of the pad and it shut right up.

j13

Keep It Clean
Lets give more people a number and a spot to be in the squad! I'm interested in seeing how many of us are their on here!!

How many MPG are you guys getting? My personal high is 27 MPG city. But the speed limit posted is mainly 40mph and 45mph

Boxy

Try putting some of the brake goo suff on the back of the pads. It seems to help. My dads car was squeaking crazy right after the brakes were done. He put the goo on the back of the pad and it shut right up.
I'll check it out this weekend. I might be selling the teggy, it's only got 107k miles and is in almost excellent condition and people in VT like used cars. Also I saw a BMW 528i in almost perfect condition for $2500 OBO. It's a 1999 model, it has a few dents on the passenger side but from what I saw it had no rust. I WANT it. The '99 528i was a sexy car. Plus its a 5 speed.

FMelo718

Yeah I've checked my pads and rotors, they were fine. I'm just baffled as to what's going on.

I still have no ideas! My pads and rotors are fine as well. It seems the noise comes from the front though, if that makes a difference. And mostly the passenger side.
Yea mine does on the passenger side too it's annoying. And I'm with the above poster, I too have a lead foot so my mpg isn't that great :) but I don't really like to push it too hard now because there's a hole in one of my exhaust pipes right now and it sounds like shit! So that along with my annoying ass brakes make for one headache while driving >=

Boxy

Yea mine does on the passenger side too it's annoying. And I'm with the above poster, I too have a lead foot so my mpg isn't that great :) but I don't really like to push it too hard now because there's a hole in one of my exhaust pipes right now and it sounds like s***! So that along with my annoying ass brakes make for one headache while driving >=
VERY annoying. Also, for all you other auto owners, is it normal for our cars to jerk a tiny bit more than newer/other auto transmissions? It shifts fine, it just jerks a tiny bit.

FMelo718

VERY annoying. Also, for all you other auto owners, is it normal for our cars to jerk a tiny bit more than newer/other auto transmissions? It shifts fine, it just jerks a tiny bit.
Yea mine has quite a kick, but it could be because one of my mounts is bad. The back one I believe. I got the replacement part in my trunk, just don't have the know-how or tools to do it. I'm scared to touch anything motor wise on my car cuz I'm scared I'll fuck up badly :lol

Boxy

Yea mine has quite a kick, but it could be because one of my mounts is bad. The back one I believe. I got the replacement part in my trunk, just don't have the know-how or tools to do it. I'm scared to touch anything motor wise on my car cuz I'm scared I'll f*** up badly :lol
Hahah same! I think one of my mounts is slightly bad, I have a spare in the trunk as well :p Its in the garage now though. And I don't wanna touch it for the same reasons, I'm prone to fucking things up.

Boxy

So I checked my brakes this afternoon and the pads and rotors were fine. I squirted some brake cleaner on and behind the rotors and pads and the screech is no more. I'm gonna see how long that lasts though. I'll keep you guys posted, it's a nice temporary fix though.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Yes, I was talking to my mechanic and he said Acura automatic transmissions are notorious for not knowing when to shift and generally causing problems. I have a CEL related to the tranny on right now but I haven't had time to take it to get checked. It's not causing any problems, but shifts are hard. Might as well be a 5 speed

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Hey guys, been a really hectic month with school and work, havent had much time to check in on the site. /rant

first post has been updated!

Boxy

K so the brake cleaner did not last. Its screeching again, loud as ever. I'll open up the complete brake assembly sometime soon and check to see if something is stuck inside. I'll let you know.