OGstackadolla's Track Whore and Build Thread

osiris19

Is that another 7lb? I'm thinking of getting an exedy and an 8lb flywheel. How well would that work for just like normal street driving? Eventually I would like to track it, but for now I'm looking at a nicer shifting when getting on it but still maintain driveability.

OneFastGSR

I got a question for you about strut tower bars sir race car driver, How do you know which strut tower bars are going to flex and which ones aren't? I noticed the spoon sports one has the piece that bolts onto the shock tower bolted to the bar, where the DC sports one is fully welded. Where the DC sports one seems more sturdy? What strut bar brands do you prefer?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Is that another 7lb? I'm thinking of getting an exedy and an 8lb flywheel. How well would that work for just like normal street driving? Eventually I would like to track it, but for now I'm looking at a nicer shifting when getting on it but still maintain driveability.
It's the same one all cleaned up and resurfaced ;)
If you have an issue with DD'ing a 7lbs flywheel, go buy an automatic, lol. Not to say I don't stall a couple times a month when I'm not paying attention at a light, but it's not really that much of a difference in driveability
I got a question for you about strut tower bars sir race car driver, How do you know which strut tower bars are going to flex and which ones aren't? I noticed the spoon sports one has the piece that bolts onto the shock tower bolted to the bar, where the DC sports one is fully welded. Where the DC sports one seems more sturdy? What strut bar brands do you prefer?
None. Strut tower bars are a waste of money. 3-point makes a difference in front, and xbraces work in the rear, but it's honestly not worth the money. I would rather buy something else

OneFastGSR

Is Miracle X brace worth the money? You could build a roll cage for the price of it.. Lol

osiris19

It's the same one all cleaned up and resurfaced ;)
If you have an issue with DD'ing a 7lbs flywheel, go buy an automatic, lol. Not to say I don't stall a couple times a month when I'm not paying attention at a light, but it's not really that much of a difference in driveability

None. Strut tower bars are a waste of money. 3-point makes a difference in front, and xbraces work in the rear, but it's honestly not worth the money. I would rather buy something else
Ahh. I am not going back to automatic. Never.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It's a really nice piece, but for me, I would rather have a cage. For the average person looking for something that makes the rear of the car pop hard, it's well worth the money. Cages are ugly and require welds and itnerior pieces to be removed.
I'm considering selling mine right now to fund a cage

Nick_C78

Flywheel looks great. You are also correct about strut bars and braces. Most of them are over priced and they should be the very last component in terms of suspension mods. They are so much money because they are hot ticket items for people who want to look like race car drivers, which sucks for those of us who could actually put them to use.

redGSRguy

Flywheel looks great. You are also correct about strut bars and braces. Most of them are over priced and they should be the very last component in terms of suspension mods. They are so much money because they are hot ticket items for people who want to look like race car drivers, which sucks for those of us who could actually put them to use.
Just gotta wait for some good deals. I sold my front/rear spoon bars for 200 back in the day and regretted it since, lol.

Just picked up a carbing 3 point for 200 and a mugen rear for 120. Don't like the idea of caging a car I drive on the street.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Is Miracle X brace worth the money? You could build a roll cage for the price of it.. Lol
The miracle X brace (real one) is the only thing almost as stiff as a roll bar. My cage is built so well (to what i wanted, which made the x bar redundant.) that i feel i dont need a rear strut brace besides to look jdm as shit.

It's a really nice piece, but for me, I would rather have a cage. For the average person looking for something that makes the rear of the car pop hard, it's well worth the money. Cages are ugly and require welds and itnerior pieces to be removed.
I'm considering selling mine right now to fund a cage
do both. BOTH BOTH BOTH.

except the carbing. That is the only one worth the money. But not the hassle to install on a 94-97.