OGstackadolla's Track Whore and Build Thread

Nick_C78

My drilled and slotted rotors played connect the dots, much worse than that pic. It was full cracks that you could see light through. However, they never warped.... Like I said, I am not sure why you have such a bad warping issue. It has to be how you are driving it...But yah you might want to try brake ducts or something. Or maybe a weaker pad compound. Hawk HP+ and oem rears is all I am using.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It's weird because I'm less aggressive on my brakes than Matt and it still gives me issues. I'm hoping my new technique will help a bit.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My drilled and slotted rotors played connect the dots, much worse than that pic. It was full cracks that you could see light through. However, they never warped.... Like I said, I am not sure why you have such a bad warping issue. It has to be how you are driving it...But yah you might want to try brake ducts or something. Or maybe a weaker pad compound. Hawk HP+ and oem rears is all I am using.
I need to go to oem rears.

Nick_C78

You might be less aggressive than matt, but it isnt how aggressive you are. It is how you brake. You might drag the brakes more than him. You are also on 16's, which is harder on brakes. Lets not forget that you have ABS deleted and he doesn't. Your brake bias is slightly different than his because of that. For track you are suppose to brake hard initially and then lighten up on it, called trail braking. It is literally the opposite of how you are suppose to brake while daily driving.

Oh and Pat it usn't uncommon to use OEM or OE replacement rear pads with track fronts. In fact I think most HFF guys do that.

Nick_C78

Isnt trail braking braking into a corner and the more you turn in, the more your foot comes off the brake?
Yes, the more the wheel is turned, the less you should be on the brake. Takes a lot of practice to do correctly.

I wish I could put more brake into the rear. One of the things I worked on was easing on/off the brakes/throttle
You can put more into the rear if thats what you want. The cheapest way would be to just get a less grippy front pad. Essentially does just that. Just be careful with doing that, because too much rear braking will cause you to spin super easy. The more complicated way would be to get an adjustable prop valve, such as the one wilwood makes. I suggest the pad method first.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
One of the guys I rode with said he got a different prop valve to give him more rear brake, he swears it's the best mod he's done so far. He's in open group