Overpriced cars

Jayteg

It's no secret I'm in the market looking for a 94-99 integra. Now I'd prefer to have a GSR but I'd gladly settle for a good priced ls/rs. I live not even 4 hours from Atlanta and the crop for tegs there is plentiful. Only problem is, after looking at Kelly's blue book and some other sites. It seems that these cars are extremely over priced. Now I'm willing to pay $2500 for one with high miles but I just saw a gsr with 210k miles for $7500! That's insane, also a rs with a decent paint job and 190k for 3500! And the guy claims tax time it's worth 4500-5000 lol. Ok I'm done ranting thx for reading. Just FYI a 99 integra GSR with 140k miles is only worth 4k.

Last edited:

XjoEnX

No, I think it's more like those are normal prices you're looking at. Lots of times, people sell for a higher price because it has been maintained extremely well.

Jayteg

No, I think it's more like those are normal prices you're looking at. Lots of times, people sell for a higher price because it has been maintained extremely well.
I can somewhat agree with you, the average price runs 2500-3500 for a maintained integra. My problem comes when people have these cars modded expecially gsr's. You know they been dogged out and mods do not raise car value. I had a modded s12 that I loved and maintained very well. But I dogged the piss out of her and when I sold her I let her go for less then value. Maybe thats just me though.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Once cars get old enough, the depreciation flat lines. The price of a good running car (regardless of what it is) with everything fully functioning and in decent condition only goes so low. $3,500 for any car that starts every time, has a cold a/c, all electronics working; is at a going rate. That's just the way it is. You can't hardly find any car for $2,500 that is in "ready daily drive condition." As in everything works every time and will continue to for a while.

That being said, a 210k mile GSR for $7k is just a market test unless there is just something extraordinary to justify. Some people will just throw something out there just to see if anyone will even think about taking it. It's a tactic, if someone was to low ball him $6k he'd still be making out like a bandit. There are people out there dumb enough to do it, and there are plenty of people out there willing to attempt to bait said people.

Last edited:

Jayteg

Very well said, I understand the market values of a good running car. I don't plan on buying a 3G teg until January maybe feb if I find the right one. I been watching the prices for a few weeks just to see the going price of a good unmolested integra. I wish Craigslist had a comments section for people's listings lol. Then I wouldn't have to come here and explode.

94RS

No fucks given.
That's about normally what I see Honda's going for. Take a look at the classified on TampaRacing or even cars on Tampa's Craigslist. People think that because they lowered it on eBay suspension with a s***ty intake and a fart can, it's worth 1500 more than what it's actually worth.

Last edited:

ThatKidNugget

Nugget
I got my Gsr for 2800 bone stock, just needed a good tune up asap and the fifth gear slipped, other than that, I love my teg, sometimes you just have to have patience

Jayteg

That's about normally what I see Honda's going for. Take a look at the classified on TampaRacing or even cars on Tampa's Craigslist. People think that because they lowered it on eBay suspension with a s***ty intake and a fart car, it's worth 1500 more than what it's actually worth.
Exactly what I'm saying bro, I was curious about Ek's and Eg's and they're even worse. Seen a few with bolt ons for 5500+ lol. A month ago I found a integra type R in Nashville. 7 grand clean with less then 100k miles. Now that's a damn deal. Something else I've noticed to, lots of gsr's with ls motors.

Nick_C78

^^Hah yeah poor swerve is going through the same situation right now.

Agreed. People over price these cars to see if they can get that much. However, sometimes they actually think it is worth that much sadly. I looked for over a year to find a car worth buying. I found mine listed for 3300 with 60k miles on the chassis, ended up only paying 2500 for it. Only issue was the diff bearings were out because it had a bad axle seal and the idiot ran the tranny dry.

Just be patient sir. You will find a deal eventually.

Swerve

Shawn
^^Hah yeah poor swerve is going through the same situation right now.

Agreed. People over price these cars to see if they can get that much. However, sometimes they actually think it is worth that much sadly. I looked for over a year to find a car worth buying. I found mine listed for 3300 with 60k miles on the chassis, ended up only paying 2500 for it. Only issue was the diff bearings were out because it had a bad axle seal and the idiot ran the tranny dry.

Just be patient sir. You will find a deal eventually.
Yea Im talking a '93 2dr 5spd GSR down from 3200 right now tho so if i can get him to 2700 ill so stoked