pinkley's "gettin there slow RS" thread

pinkley

b@115D33p
Its a valve that sits right under your throttle body. It brings the cars idle higher so it can warm up, then drops it down when the car is all warmed up. A lot of people by-pass it because it could lead to idle problems/leaks. It acts just like a thermostat.
My reason^

I know I seen one for the integra's, but I'm sure these will work since most of the throttle bodies are similar:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-air-boost-FITV-block-off-kit-Accord-Prelude-/220565809441?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item335abf2921&vxp=mtr#ht_941wt_1270

Either way, looks awesome man! Saving yourself some extra cash in the long wrong! Header is coming out great BTW! I need to do mine soon!
I'm a tight ass so I'm always tryin to save a dollar! :thumbs up

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Thanks man! my car always seems to act sorta funny when I start it, especially when it is super cold and that could be the prob

justjdm

DB8 Whore
That would definitely explain why it idles high in the colder parts of the year, not so much now. Lol.
Yup! You can acutally just delete it easier by just running a hose straight to your IACV and cap off the FITV ports under your throttle body.

pinkley

b@115D33p
Well I got it good enough for my liking. I didn't do the very bottom because it's not visible anyhow and it had a huge dent from bottoming out.

Not bad considering it us to look like this vv

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Damn, shit looks good! Wish I had the time/effort to do mine! Probably would just rust back up since it's a cheapy ebay one anyways. Good progress!

pinkley

b@115D33p
Update!

Today I did work, son!
First off I pulled the Pro1 header off, cleaned up the front of the block a little bit with a wire brush and some degreaser.
Then I drained the oil and changed the oil filter.
Pulled the oil pan off and replaced the gasket.
Re-installed the oil pan.
Filled with oil.
Installed new header gasket and freshly polished DC header.
Pulled my fake cat off because it was too short to reach the DC unless I extended it.
Went to the local muffler shop and had him make me a 2.25"x23" "delete pipe" :lol:
Installed the custom delete pipe
Sprayed header down with brake cleaner.
After cleaning up my mess I fired the ole bitch up and went for a drive.

Never mind the gay blue hose on the vc! Lol I ripped the other one in half

It Sounds different Than it use to..
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x382/nasty4205/bc2a13c3.mp4

pinkley

b@115D33p
My buddy polished up a valve cover for his BMW and then put a clear gloss powder coat on it. It turned out pretty good.