Polyurethane lip bent during shipping...

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
What's the best way to get it back to its original shape? Shit looked like a BBQ grill when they sent it...lol lemme get a pic.

It's laying out in the sun right now, but I'm not sure I see a difference yet. There are still a bunch of ripples and what not. I'm finding it hard to believe that all I have to do is lay it out in the sun, in the shape that it's in, and it'll just go back into its original form. Am I supposed to work it out? Bend it back? lol

Help me please. :p Advice from people with personal experience?:D

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Wow, never seen it come like that before, I thought u mean like bent, not worse than fetal position...

G3GirL

lol...me neither...

i've been waiting on the lip for hella long. yesterday i finally called them and they gave me the shipping number and told me it was shipped already. i checked with USPS and saw that it had already been shipped to my zip code. i thought maybe they sent it to the wrong house. then i was talking to my dad about it and he goes, "is it that round thing wrapped in a garbage bag? because if it is, that came a LONG time ago..." lol

so it's been sitting in my garage for a week or two. it got here maybe two days after i ordered it. no one told me. funny thing is that i've been going into the garage everyday and seeing that package resting up near the BBQ grill. i thought it was the grill insert thing wrapped up in a plastic bag for storage.

haha god, i'm such a dork. :oops:

G3GirL

^ Vroooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm...

I've been searching around online and I guess these are supposed to find their way back to normal if warmed up? I'm not sure. Since the place I ordered it from aren't open today, I checked with one of our sponsors for some advice.

I dunno.

G3GirL

And then what? lol Walk me through it. I've never done this before. Can I do it off the car or should I try and mount it first? Am I supposed to work it back into shape while using the heat gun or does it do it by itself?