Post your 1/4 mile drag slips/vids thread

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I know, I was waiting for you to chime in. I wanted to ask you how to get it down... Keep in mind I'm running a stock b17 with an ls trans. I'm launching at 4700, with minimal wheelspin.

Ch_n0

here are some my videos...this was my first time on the strip.
I lost my times sheet..but i was runing high 15s and 16 flat
i know my car is slow and needs more work.lol but let me know what you all think.

[YOUTUBE="INTEGRA LS 4DR BONESTOCK"]CKiWwxOnCLg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="INTEGRA LS 4DR VS. 91 INTEGRA"]AhK9iKSaaew[/YOUTUBE]

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I know, I was waiting for you to chime in. I wanted to ask you how to get it down... Keep in mind I'm running a stock b17 with an ls trans. I'm launching at 4700, with minimal wheelspin.
2.7 60ft time means your definitley spinning lol. You might just not notice it because you are in the zone, what tire pressure are you running? Open diffential I am going to assume? My Integra cut 2.1-2.2 60ft times with an LSD, my dads CRX cuts 2.2-2.4 60s with open differential but he only launches at like 1500-2000 rpms (b20 powered rex) both on street tires. Best way to get 60ft times down is to keep testing and tuning man. Keep playing with tire pressure and rpms at launch. Try launching at a lower rpm and running 17-20psi in the front tires. Its hard to get a FWD car to hook, even harder to get one to hook with no LSD, street tires and high rpm launches. Just the price we pay for loving and racing Honda's I guess lol.

What rpm do you shift at, could be shifting too early or too late. Sometimes over revving actually hurts you because you start to lose power, redline doesn't always mean maximum power spot. I would shift an LS at 7300-7500 at the highest, try playing around with shift points and see if that helps. If you can get down to the 2.3 60ft range thats 4 tenths picked up on the short track, which will pick up even more on the big end.

Seast time is the biggest factor, gives you time to learn your car.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
What rpm do you shift at, could be shifting too early or too late. Sometimes over revving actually hurts you because you start to lose power, redline doesn't always mean maximum power spot. I would shift an LS at 7300-7500 at the highest, try playing around with shift points and see if that helps. If you can get down to the 2.3 60ft range thats 4 tenths picked up on the short track, which will pick up even more on the big end.

Redline on an LS is like 6800... Why would you go into redline? Just curious. I shift at like 6500 to 6700. Next time i go im going to drop down the psi in my front tires like you said and see what that does.

04caliwrx

i know from sacramento (elevation 50 feet) and Phoenix AZ (unknown) the time difference is 1 second

because im a boss
and my vtec motor is bye bye
such a boss that you don't have a engine with a vtec lol. use that bossness of yours on that vtec lol

hgocasca

level 77 troll
2.7 60ft time means your definitley spinning lol. You might just not notice it because you are in the zone, what tire pressure are you running? Open diffential I am going to assume? My Integra cut 2.1-2.2 60ft times with an LSD, my dads CRX cuts 2.2-2.4 60s with open differential but he only launches at like 1500-2000 rpms (b20 powered rex) both on street tires. Best way to get 60ft times down is to keep testing and tuning man. Keep playing with tire pressure and rpms at launch. Try launching at a lower rpm and running 17-20psi in the front tires. Its hard to get a FWD car to hook, even harder to get one to hook with no LSD, street tires and high rpm launches. Just the price we pay for loving and racing Honda's I guess lol.

Mine has vtak, lol, I shift at about 7800, peak is at 7600, I'm running an open diff, I'm not sure if my altitude is hurting that 60' too?!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
60ft time has more to do with traction then anything else really. The first 60ft is just getting the car out of the hole hooking up and going. Also my bad meant to type 6's instead of 7's in my previous post. Redline on my dads LS ecu is like 7 or 7500, been a minute since I have driven or owned a LS motor lol.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Just keep playing around with the car, youll eventually find it. Also how hot has it been at the track on the nights your running? I know here in Ohio its been ungodly how lately and everyone has been running slower then normal.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Ya, it's been decently warm, but I really feel it should be better. Well, I'm going again in a few weeks, I'll have a few more mods by then

Jabes

95 ls mostly stock, just a short ram intake, dc sport header, yonaka catback with a egay test pipe, and a skunk2 intake manifold and then rear seat out with the spare tire and some tools in the back still
was racing up at maple grove in mohnton, pa

first run

dropped the tire pressure down to 18 and then messed with my launching a little

finally dropped into high 15s and beat a 80 z28 camaro, the girl didnt come back inline afterwards but made it to the end of the track. maybe she got pissed that a little honda beat her haha