Post your 1/4 mile drag slips/vids thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha yeah man it was pretty awesome watching that video for the first time. I litterally got goose bumps and almost choked up lol. I am hoping for an even better video come April 22nd, thats the first of 2 Import Faceoffs in Ohio next year and the day I shoot for the fastest 4dr Integra record (current record is 10.67)

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Best time of my last outing was 15.0. Full stock exhaust, K&N short ram, lowering springs and struts, gutted rear, SSR Type-C on all weather street tires

Next I will be shooting to break into 14.9 at least, looking for 14.7; I'll be running open header and I'm taking out all of the screws in my engine bay; gotta save weight

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well have you ever ran a car with an exhaust leak? Just imagine that but a whole lot worse. Your car from the factory is tuned with the back pressure of the exhaust, by opening that up you will throw off the factory AF settings and as I mentioned have one hell of a leak lol. Try it out and report back ;)

If this was a turbo car id say run open exhaust all day long lol

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Interesting! I'll run with my full exhaust, then a couple without and let you guys know how I fair. I've been pretty consistently in the 15.1 range, so I should get a good baseline

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
14.815 @ 91 m/h in overcast/sprinkling weather
K&N Short RAM intake, half gutted rear, & full stock exhaust on all-weather street tires - psi set to 17.5 and I launched at like 5,100 r/m or so

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well have you ever ran a car with an exhaust leak? Just imagine that but a whole lot worse. Your car from the factory is tuned with the back pressure of the exhaust, by opening that up you will throw off the factory AF settings and as I mentioned have one hell of a leak lol. Try it out and report back ;)

If this was a turbo car id say run open exhaust all day long lol
wouldnt that only be implied under closed loop as the o2 is only used under closed loop? during WOT the car will be looking at just the fuel table not what the o2 has so the AF should stay the same correct?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
So he's going to disable his o2 sensor and retune for open exhaust? If so then go for it and see how it runs, if not wait and see how it runs, I will be highly impressed if it runs faster and chances are it will be other variables that lead to it actually going faster lol

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
So he's going to disable his o2 sensor and retune for open exhaust? If so then go for it and see how it runs, if not wait and see how it runs, I will be highly impressed if it runs faster and chances are it will be other variables that lead to it actually going faster lol
To clear this up, running open header on a stock Gs-R is amazing. Low end sucks, but this is racing, if you're under 4k rpm's, go home and play with your kids. I had an equipment issue that made me run slower, but my trap speeds were literally 3.5 mph faster. I hit 14.81 with stock exhaust, I feel I can hit 14.5 easy running open header. Plus it sounds boss as fuck

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Trap speeds can be deceptful...for instance on street tires and 6psi I trapped 109.5mph, same 6psi and slicks I trapped 106 yet went faster in the 1/4 by .4 Wheel spin raises trap speeds, check your slips for both runs and then compare the 60 and 330 times