PR3 (B16) Pistons in B18B?

diamondfuzz

I have a 1994 Integra LS (B18B) with about 235,000 miles on it. I'm looking to rebuild it soon. When I do, I want to do some higher compression pistons to get some more power. So I plan on putting PR3 pistons in. And possibly doing something like the Brian Cower Stage 2 cams or something similar to take advantage of the higher compression. If I did install these, would I need a tune? Or could I run it safely and reliably without a tune? If I do need to tune, What route should I take in getting it tuned? ECU? What?

Nick_C78

You will need to upgrade your valve springs. You will absolutely need a tune. Hondata or chrome will work. Youll need to go to an actual dyno tuner. Don't be cheap. I never understand why people will spend thousands on a build and then street tune it....I mean come on man whats another 350-500 more to get it tuned right

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hondata or chrome are chips which go into your ecu. You will need a tune, valve springs and possibly intake, tb, intake manifold, header.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It might be prudent to check piston to valve clearance with a higher dome piston that is not designed for your head plus a larger profile cam.