Radiator coolant leak, over heat traffic, no traffic temp is fine. HELP

green9088

Ok when I am driving in traffic my temp gauge rises, and the radiator reservoir starts to steam and bubble. Was i get out of traffic the temp gauges go back to normal temp. Could this be the thermostat, or does it sound like a water pump issue. Again this only happens when driving in traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94RS

No fucks given.
Is your fan turning on at all? Kinda sounds like it isn't kicking on in traffic and the air is cooling it while driving :what:

green9088

The radiator fan, how would I test this. Do I just let it idle and see what happens.

94RS

No fucks given.
If your car still has a/c, turn it on. Both fans kick on when the air is running

94RS

No fucks given.
Could just be a dead fan motor, it happened to my car. I paid like $40 for a new one and it works perfect :thumbs up

Gotta remember that these cars are getting up there in age, stuff like that does just give out at some point.

94RS

No fucks given.
^ I didn't even think of that. If that's the case, those are under $20 from Advance.

green9088

Ok, when AC is on Fans both go on. I just replaced the Fan switch two weeks ago. How would i go about testing the sensor itself.

green9088

Well I just bridged the harness fan is now on 100% of time. Until I pick up a new fan temp switch.