Repair or Replace: rear bumper

j13

Keep It Clean
cracked the s*** out of my bumper, i took it off and realigned it, just so it wont look too bad.

I'd hate to replace since the car has all matching VINs, but if its more easier, than why not..what would you do? also is their any simple fix? I've looked up bumper repair and it seems like i need a special repair kit with special tools. would anyone know how to fix this on a budget??

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
stitch that bitch.

jk, kind of. i don't even know how people do that. , how'd you fuck up that bumper like that?

j13

Keep It Clean
stitch that b****.

jk, kind of. i don't even know how people do that. , how'd you f*** up that bumper like that?
lol, i backed up into another car in a TINY parking lot, i was in a total blind spot due to the angle i was in. it was clearly my fault, i gave him my insurance info, he didn't wanna take it, he didnt really care at all...

now I'm stuck with this crack in the bumper..

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
What a buddy of mine did was use some kind of strong adhesive and then used filler to cover the small crack line, then paint matched it. PROBABLY cheaper to find one at the scrap yard. I was lucky enough to find an intact 98 spec. and only payed 37$

mirrorimg

Your bumper doesnt have a VIN number.

"Matching VINs" is related to the frame, engine, and transmission, not body panels.

j13

Keep It Clean
What a buddy of mine did was use some kind of strong adhesive and then used filler to cover the small crack line, then paint matched it. PROBABLY cheaper to find one at the scrap yard. I was lucky enough to find an intact 98 spec. and only payed 37$
oh i see..ill probably end up getting a clean 94-97 bumper. thanks for the response

Your bumper doesnt have a VIN number.

"Matching VINs" is related to the frame, engine, and transmission, not body panels.
idk about your integra but all my panels have a sticker with my VIN with a Honda logo. my doors have the sticker, fenders, hood, both bumpers, and the shell has the matching VIN.

Army74D

gtavila_
You're gonna have to replace that, there's pretty much no fixing it.

Boxy

I had a similar type of crack on my front bumper on the passenger side. Mine wasn't cracked to the point of it falling apart like yours, but it was splitting. What I did was go get some metal tape (it's basically really strong and rigid adhesive aluminum foil I guess) from autozone or something. That s*** is mad strong, put on a nice tidy piece of it while holding the bumper together. Put some on the backside too for good measure, and then get some OEM touch-up paint and just primer and paint that b****.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
zipties fixes everything, i herd 240 guys do it :lol: I wouldnt bother fixing it, I would get new bumper but I also have a spare bumper in my basement.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Plastic welding stuff you can buy at the store for under $10. Pretty easy to use, id try that before if I were you. And if it doesnt work, you atleast bought the stuff which can be used on pretty much anything plastic that is broken or needs to be filled in, its pretty sweet stuff!
- Aaron

j13

Keep It Clean
good idea guys, i thought about cutting a v-groove and stitching it up with some very fine strong nylon wire and putting a thin coat of filler on it...is that too ghetto?