Retrofit a g3

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Ya thats gonna be me. x.x I had to retest my spacers when i switched to e30 lenses to get the most purple out of it. I have to redo it again. I would knock this out right now if i had the workspace to do it all in one block of time.

TheSkygun

Green uses your projectors I think when making custom shields, otherwise it would be silly to spend time adjusting custom shields to a projector they wouldn't be used in, right?

TheSkygun

If you come down here you might have the work space. Ill take pictures in the day of the areas. I want more purple out of mine

goofygamer

How many spacers do you have on your projectors tony? Green spacers?

TheSkygun

Only spacer in my projectors is the paper ring between the lens and projector. I was lucky with my nice cutoff with no modding

goofygamer

Ouuu Tom should put two or one green spacer in your projectors. Maybe they'll be more color, add the custom shield, and a Philips bulb and the colorband will be wonderful. I'm starting to second guess how effective the custom shield is. Toms output seems similar to mine lol

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
He has a lot of purple for no modding. Basically he has a better output than i do but his alignment is all wrong. I cant remember though, that shot you took of the color band, was that without the lens covers?

Im sure ill have the work space at your place. Talking about getting mine done asap though. It bugs me when things are not the way they should be. While it bothers me... the prism effect looks really cool though. LOL

No Peara, yours has the intensity of the lower shield and sharper cutoff as the curve is supposed to produce.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I meant to ask in your thread Peara but heres as good as any since its output related. How did you finish your headlight lenses?

TheSkygun

The picture of my color band on the box was after fully installed back on the car, with covers. I just got very lucky.
Well when would be a good day for you?

Peara, I am using the Philips bulbs :p , but Tom is right, my ailment of them is all messed up.

goofygamer

He has a lot of purple for no modding. Basically he has a better output than i do but his alignment is all wrong. I cant remember though, that shot you took of the color band, was that without the lens covers?

No Peara, yours has the intensity of the lower shield and sharper cutoff as the curve is supposed to produce.
Which picture of my colorband? And ok, thanks for clearing that up for me about the shield.

After using mothers headlight restoration, Andy recommended that I use Wolfgang plastic sealant. So I bought that and used it.

Sorry tony haha. I guess I got it mixed up with the other guys.

TheSkygun

No problem haha, first page of this thread near the bottom of my pictures of the DIY you can see my color band.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah this sob.. lucky guy. Its nearly all purple too. Mine is not as deep purple as i want and then fades into blue. Uneven left/right too.

So $20 sealant huh? I might wait on that when ive got more cash. I might try something cheaper for the time being. Im asking cus i just restored my lenses again and they came out better than the first time. Didnt use any sealant but switched to the fresh and clear halo lenses anyway. Back to oem now.