Retrofit a g3

TheSkygun

i might buy the sealant since my headlights will be off the car again.
isn't peara's cutoff better than mine?

maybe i wont touch mine at all inside haha

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
His are sharper, i dont believe they were adjusted for color. You cant have both.. only either or in between.

As far as what day.. hmmm if youre sure you want to cover the mileage, i think next weekend maybe.

goofygamer

The more color, the less sharp itll be. I'll take some pictures against a wall tomorrow night. I'll use it as an excuse to drive to sonics haha

TheSkygun

Ill think about it. Ill turn my lights on and think about it.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
lol

Looking back at your pictures tony.. i can tell your driver side is mounted crooked. LoL

Just realized i need to pull my turn signals and wetsand those too.

TheSkygun

Yeah I was and saw that too. For some reason I don't think my color band is that amazing anymore if that's possible? Idk its been a while since I've paid attention and I think the fogs ruin it

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
What you need to do is look at each beam on its own and decide if its straight enough, sharp enough or has the color you want. The curve shield does 2 things. Allows for height adjustment of the shield to lower it and allow more intensity and make the entire cutoff sharper where the sides are normally blurred.

Fogs dont touch your color band.

goofygamer

When I had 85122 bulbs with hazy lens covers and only one bulb shining:

Uncle's FX-R retro:

Last edited:

TheSkygun

I know they don't but I focus on them more since I was having a few issues with them.

Well the right one had something funky going on with the curve. The left one needs adjustment

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yeah i remember now. Definately not straight like Peara's. Or my driver side. haha

Oh im glad you mentioned your fogs. I was telling you on the way back from button its not the lip. I watched it flicker and then it didnt do it the rest of the way.

I hate hazy lenses. They kill color, not to mention output. We already lose a small percentage of color because of our non optimal lenses.

TheSkygun

So what causes them to flicker >.<
Yeah and my right headlight is hazed, so I want to super clean them then sealant
And I might need new shields since one seems odd anyways

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Unless you can simulate the flicker i think the only thing you can do is recheck connections inside and out

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
oh hmmmm

Source: http://www.jvxdriver.com/Modded RX330 with E30 Lens and Custom Curve Shield.htm

Now i rememeber where the most adjustments had to be made in the early days. Two part shield doesnt ensure shield position when mounting. Greenkouki's is more lateral but of course alignment still has to be done just because but probably less overall.

Looking at the inside of the projector again my halo shields wont work since i have the afs version. If i was non afs it would be cake.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Lol how so? That's a template. Unless you had a different process in your head its mostly the same to me. If you mean the two part system you just skip that step and combine the two halves as a template. Draw it as one piece. That's pretty much all greenkouki did, eliminate an entire step.

Last edited: