Retrofit a g3

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A lot of the guys from Loi spec have oem hid or a retrofit. Loi himself does retros. His brother had quad projectors on his turbo db. It's how I met Loi. During Racelines dyno day he noticed I had retros. Brought some of the cars down to my retro meet in Torrance over a year ago.

goofygamer

Yeah I saw those rhd cutoff shields when they rolled into the motel.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Still have to figure out what im gonna do with my shield situation and a time to head down to you. Better soon so you can have it done by the hid meet. Expecting to set a date for 2nd weekend of march within the next few days.

TheSkygun

i wish my car would have been repaired by then, maybe it will idk
we can start at emi's even, she has a garage haha. we will get it done, this weekend is tightly packed though

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Start? Your lights better be a one shot deal. I dont like doing more work than is necessary and opening them up more than once is exactly that. lol Whatever work needs to be done i have to have a game plan for. Everyday im trying to decide how to go about mine.... I may attempt to hack up the shield i posted previously to work with the rx330's but the issue is the only way to know is to hack it up and open it all up for testing. I dont want it to become a waste of time ending up back at the stock shield and then going back in again later to do a custom curve shield. Bottom line, i do what has to be done without wasting any time if possible.

Last edited:

TheSkygun

yeah , good point. i would start making custom shields for us to work with but i dont they will take me long to make, but getting them jsut right will be the challenge

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You never know til you start trying to make them either cus the first will probably always be the worst. Best to have a few made before attempting to cut downtime. Gotta expect a learning curve. The templates are already available with the measurements if not receiving the stock template from Peara.

goofygamer

Hey, sorry guys I've been lagging on sending the stock shield. Just been busier than ever lately. I will definitely try to get a quote on Friday.