Retrofit a g3

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Just giving you other choices of ballast. You think morimoto l are expensise ballast, you should look up brand new phillps blasst prices. I'd choose morimoto lor phillps ballast over ebay ballast any day of the week. You get what you pay for. And I'm talking about useing ddm tunning bulbs with 3five balllast. Eventhough I'd think your better off with phillps 85122 or 85122+ bulb, but again not my retro. I just don't get why you'd spend a lot $ on retro than want blueish color light output that defeats purpose of a retro imo.

TheSkygun

I had Philips 35w ballast with phillps 85122 bulbs
Now I have ddmtuning 35w ballast with phillps 85122 bulbs
Works but like I said, warm up sucks in comparison

TheSkygun

Go to hidplanet.com and look through the for sale, some people sale stuff way cheaper on there, that's what I did

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Oem ballasts will probably always warm up faster/better than aftermarket.

5-7k should all have a slight bluish tint but everyones preference for degree is different. Remember a 55w will always drop the color temp by about 1k.

goofygamer

You sold me the 85122 bulbs, Andy. I bought new cbi bulbs and have been running them for about 2-3 hours and they are fantastic. My flaw is that I'm comparing a brand new bulb to used 85122 and 85122+ with unknown hours of usage. Oh well, makes the purchase more worth it haha.

TheCrimsonStar

Yeeeeeeeeah buddy!!

FX-R 3.0 Stage III kit! 5000k 55w Morimoto 5five bulbs/ballasts, XB LED angel eyes, FX-R bixenon projectors and all the little stuff!

Gonna get to work on this asap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheSkygun

^i look forward to seeing the finished product

i have thought about throwing my 55w kit in to see if any difference