Retrofit a g3

TheSkygun

wish i had bluer tint to go with my yellow fogs
so a mazda 3speed kept trying to race me -.-
i might have to get some cbi

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I might try 55's some day but they shorten the life of the bulb so im not doin that on my cbi's. I need to ask blake if he checked if his ballasts were 55.

TheCrimsonStar

Post some pics when you get em in!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
I have an FX-R set up too, you should have went with 6k if your doing 55w, 5k@55w might look more like 4.3k, idk. idk what cbi is, but you shoudn't be worried about the lifespan of the bulbs, there replacable at $50 or less (D2S), what you should be worried about is if its going to cook your projector bowl.

and i agree, 35 and 55w are significantly different, especially when your blinding someone :twisted:

let me know how that angle eyes come out, ive never been a fan of halos

goofygamer

Yeah, I'll try to get some pictures. Just trying to let it break in first.

Osram CBI bulbs are supposedly the best oem bulb out there right now because it produces light at 5000k instead of 4300k and also gives off as many lumens as the philips 85122+. And nemesis should worry about burning his cbi bulbs because they cost $200 a pair. The $50 are the morimoto bulbs. I don't think I'll ever try 55w. I don't live in the boons so there's no need to get them and no deers to watch out for.

Last edited:

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
O.O omg ill never pay 200 bulbs. projectors, sure, bulbs? hell no

^^ i checked out that link. i guess your right. it looks only a little brighter, but more crisp than anything.

TheCrimsonStar

O.O omg ill never pay 200 bulbs. projectors, sure, bulbs? hell no

^^ i checked out that link. i guess your right. it looks only a little brighter, but more crisp than anything.
I shined my cell phone flash through the projector and you can still see the cutoff. Its so crisp

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

goofygamer

My uncle uses the fx-r in his civic and it has a good output. Colorband isn't that great and beam isn't as bright as I thought it would be, but it's a huge improvement over his plug and play kit

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Ohh ill get to see them on the drive up saturday.

I have an FX-R set up too, you should have went with 6k if your doing 55w, 5k@55w might look more like 4.3k, idk. idk what cbi is, but you shoudn't be worried about the lifespan of the bulbs, there replacable at $50 or less (D2S), what you should be worried about is if its going to cook your projector bowl.

and i agree, 35 and 55w are significantly different, especially when your blinding someone :twisted:

let me know how that angle eyes come out, ive never been a fan of halos
^ oh f*** yea... im not at a point in life where i can burn cash yet. I would run it temporarily to see the result however and then reassess my decision.

Crimson youre getting sold on by TRS. OF COURSE they tell you to get the FXR for 55w.. they MAKE the FXR. Top tier lens? All replics made BY them. FXR = FX Replica. TSXR = TSX replica lens. But... they are good products. I had the tsxr lens, great output but i opted to switch out for e30's because it produced a more desireable color band for me.

goofygamer

Crimson youre getting sold on by TRS. OF COURSE they tell you to get the FXR for 55w.. they MAKE the FXR. Top tier lens? All replics made BY them. FXR = FX Replica. TSXR = TSX replica lens. But... they are good products. I had the tsxr lens, great output but i opted to switch out for e30's because it produced a more desireable color band for me.
:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up