REVIEW: Buddy Club Extended Ball Joints

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Hi all,

I recently installed my Buddy Club Extended Ball Joints which i purchased from RACELINE USA and was asked to do a review by a few guys on the board. First of all, some of you may be wondering what an extended ball joint is, and basically it makes the hub sit farther away from the lca improving suspension geometry. Here is the product description from Inline four.
Buddy Club's P1 Racing Extended Ball Joint is what many of you trackrats have been waiting for. The perfect alternative to the super expensive, burn-a-hole in your pocket brands. The Buddy Club P1 Racing Extended Ball Joint is manufactured with superb quality and crafsmanship. The ball joint dust boots are sturdy and snug and will withstand heat and the rigors of racing much better than your factory dust boots. The castle nuts are also strong and will not strip.

Also, the Buddy Club P1 Racing Extended Ball Joints help return the suspension geometry to its ideal position while still allowing you to lower your cars center of gravity. Furthermore, they allow you to maximize your tire grip by creating the ability to have increased front camber adjustability.
DISCLAIMER: This is my review, you may have different results, but these are mine and mine alone. This is also how i feel about them. So, if you say they "dont work" blah blah blah, sod off. Ill see a "real world" test with these in a week when I run an event at Thunderhill.

Now, onto the review!

The installation of these are quite simple, if you have the ball joint tool its super easy, just undo the ball joint, and press them in. Simple. I ended up replacing a tie rod the same day, so I was in need of an alignment. I had it aligned to my spec, and my buddy said the numbers were all in "the green". My caster was corrected, etc. My caster has been off since i had an accident about a year ago where i bent an LCA and the ball joints seemed to have corrected that. When i get the car realigned again, ill confirm this for sure. Now, my alignment was -3 front camber, -2.7 rear camber with OEM spec caster and toe. I usually dont mess with the toe since i go about 2 track days without doing an alignment. My first impressions of this was of pure amazement. Before, i would turn the wheel the tiniest bit maybe 2mm and i wouldnt feel the car move, now I feel it move. The car feels a lot more planted and in general way better than it did before. It hoenstly feels like a brand new car. Its quite amazing.

On a side note, i have seen problems with these on people's cars who are slammed. I saw them in person.

DO i recommended these? Yes, especially if you do any sort of spirited driving or track driving.
What other brands are there? Spoon, i think BLOX, M Factory may still make one

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Im not slammed, but am lowered on skunk2 springs, and i can get my alignment specs in really good to where they need to be.

Is this only for suspension geometry? Decrease bumpsteer and/or body roll? Would it make alignment easier to do? It looks like it pushes the hub up.

I have the buddy club p1 uca's, and they clear the shock/spring assembly. Lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Im not slammed, but am lowered on skunk2 springs, and i can get my alignment specs in really good to where they need to be.

Is this only for suspension geometry? Decrease bumpsteer and/or body roll? Would it make alignment easier to do? It looks like it pushes the hub up.

I have the buddy club p1 uca's, and they clear the shock/spring assembly. Lol
It improves the steering slop you experience when you lower a car and change the way the suspension was originally made. It will not make your alignments easier to do, it will not change your body roll. It pushes the hub up. It made my car feel way better. But i had blown ball joints. It felt 10 times better, and it turns way better than it did before.

pluckt007

It improves the steering slop you experience when you lower a car and change the way the suspension was originally made. It will not make your alignments easier to do, it will not change your body roll. It pushes the hub up. It made my car feel way better. But i had blown ball joints. It felt 10 times better, and it turns way better than it did before.
I like the sound of that! I love me some corners and havent been too thrilled or excited since ive been lowered. Then again, it could be the small @$$ 195/50 tires that were on the rims.

dopematic

Do it! my buddy had problems with his being too low, stuff was hitting other stuff. not sure if we hit the heat shield back enough or what.
My car isn't that low. Plus we can always improvise. But I am in need of new ball joints though. Haha

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I like the sound of that! I love me some corners and havent been too thrilled or excited since ive been lowered. Then again, it could be the small @$$ 195/50 tires that were on the rims.
tires have nothing to do with it, actually having smaller tires should make it more exciting.

My car isn't that low. Plus we can always improvise. But I am in need of new ball joints though. Haha
i can help you with them, just drop off the ball joints a day or two before so i can throw them in the freezer for you.

pluckt007

Turning on small tires sucks. Thats not more exciting, it gets me all worried...

Other thread says they help eliminate bumpsteer. I like increased steering response too.

Hmm... maybe after i do swaybar. Suspensions are fun! Lol i just wish i had better/more tools...