Skunk2 Alpha Series B-Series V2 Headers

ka0ticnight

So I have yet to find a in depth thread covering Skunk2's Alpha Series V2 B-Series Header installation, thoughts, etc. anywhere on the internet.... so within the week I am going to be installing the piece and updating this thread with details so that others can be informed with what to expect after buying the headers (or any headers in general). Also, if anyone has any information, feel free to post it into this thread because it will help me and others a ton. I really don't know what to expect because I have read through so many different threads all talking about different problems or details relating to the V1 and V2 headers that I don't know which to believe. So basically this thread will go over everything you need to know about installing the Skunk2 Alpha Series B-Series V2 Headers. (feel free to sticky this post if it actually becomes something worth reading)

First I'll start with the unboxing because (even on Skunk2's website) I could not find a list of what actually comes with the package.

This is everything included in the package, in the first picture you can see a box containing bubble wrap and cardboard to protect the contents.

This is the header itself, as you can see there is a free to move flange on the collector end that bolts to the cat/test pipe. The welds are pretty good quality and look clean/strong. There is also an inlet for the o2 sensor that comes with a bolt to cover the inlet in case you are removing the sensor.

Here you can see the donut gasket and flange for connecting the header to your cat/test pipe. The gasket fits well into the flange and seems as if it would provide a sufficient seal when tightened.

That is all I can say about the pieces themselves, next (I have already began doing this) I will install the header and update the thread with any problems, notes, or concerns that I come across. If you are wondering I am installing this on a 1999 Acura Integra LS with Invidia 2.5in Test Pipe and Yonaka Cat-back exhaust.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
whats the difference between v1 and v2?

I have them on my car and think its the best header available.
Its cheap
its a megapower header
its durable as hell
makes over 11 HP over a dc header

I will have to say a 2.5" collector header tends to need a little more fuel to make power with. I was bogging with mine at WOT.

Nick_C78

V2 has a lot better ground clearance. That is the main difference. As far as power difference I am not sure. It also has a longer collector.

ka0ticnight

whats the difference between v1 and v2?
I think the main difference is that the V2 is meant to clear the ground better and also it doesn't require you to remove/move some accessories on the passenger side of the engine. But I'm not exactly sure, I just know all the runners are closer together.

Anyways I've actually finished the install completely I just need to write up the rest of the progress. Can anyone tell me if their sound improved after a while though? I remember with my Yonaka exhaust it took a couple weeks for the sound to stop "leaking" and then it sounded amazing. With the headers, it sounds really good at idle and full throttle but around 2-4k rpms it sounds kinda ricey/like its leaking. I also may need to tighten the spring bolts for the donut gasket but idk. Also idk if it's just me but my powerband was shifted extremely high it seems like. I now have a lot less low end power and a improvement in high end power.

Last edited:

wunfstgsr

The main reason for Skunk2 releasing the Alpha V2 B series header is to give better clearance for the B series Kraftwerks supercharger. It gives more room and also has better ground clearance. I have talked to a few well known tuners and in there humble opinion on a N.A setup the V1 will make more power all day. Now not to say these wont make as much HP its just the redesighn was mainly around in conjunction with using the KW blower.

I have had there V1 header on my last setup using my Pro charger supercharger and will soon retune using a diffrent engine setup including the V2 header n.a and with the blower.

I hope to give some type of feadback although it wont be a defenitive comparison because i will have other mods changed that will play a role in the HP increase but i basically dyno tuned my ITR engine n.a with a mild setup using the following mods which made 203 HP, all motor and 275 HP on 6psi with the Pro charger SC.

Ported and polished brand new bare crate Type R head
Brand new USDM Type R crate block and transmission
SK2 tuner 1 cams/VT
SK Pro series manifold
70mm SK TB
3'' Injen CAI
stock injectors
SK2 alpha V1 header
SK2 mega power catback 2.5'' no cat
hondata s100
91 pump

I recently upgraded the,
V1 header
pro series manifold
70mm tb
tuner 1 cams

For the following new mods,

SK2 ultra street manifold
SK2 74mm BLK series TB
SK2 Tuner 2 cams
SK2 Alpha V2 header
ID 1000cc injectors

New mods on my supercharger are a rebuilt blower/upgraded impeller and 12 psi pulley. I hope to retune the engine N.A and then attach the charge pipes and tune the supercharger with 12-15 psi .

What i can say so far is installing the SK2 Alpha V2 i ran into one issue where the runners were basically touching the fans on my radiator, im sure using a slim fan will solve this but i had a new fan so i just had to relocate the fan on the fan shroud and also i moved back my radiator with some home made brackets to keep it further back. It should be fine now. What i do like is that it has much better ground clearance thats for sure!

Heres some pics of the car and alpha V2 install and clearance issues i had. last engine setup making 203 HP. 275 HP @ 6psi

Here you can see the clearance issue,

Fixed it for now,

Ground clearance,

Last edited:

renarudo

That's a beaut of an R that you have there. I'd imagine with that supercharger, spirited driving/track days are blissful.

wunfstgsr

That's a beaut of an R that you have there. I'd imagine with that supercharger, spirited driving/track days are blissful.
Thanks yea the only way i can explain it is its just a wonderful experience driving the car, the raw power fealt amazing at any rpm and gear. I hope to share a new dyno on what these new mods including the SK2 Alpha V2 makes N.A.. I dont want to clutter OP's thread so if anyone is interested in my setup check out my build thread on HT.

http://honda-tech.com/appearance-build-threads-122/c-street-sleeper-want-feedback-comments-lots-pics-***-2556604/page21/