Skunk2 or Function?

99TegLs

Hey guys, I've been researching over the past 3 months, especially since I want to have a great ride, with a nice stance. I've heard a lot of good things about a lot of setups, but I've finally narrowed it down to these two full coilover sets. Both within the 500-700 dollar range, which was right where I was looking. I will be tracking these occasionally as well. Here are the links:
http://store.skunk2.com/pro-s-coilovers-51.html
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3836
Now, my big push is the reputation of Skunk2. That and also, I see the sale CI is having right now, with the spring savings code brings the price to 650. Which is a huge savings. Now, For all of you reading this: If your car was sitting at stock height and had a choice of either of these setups, which would you choose? I'd like all the imput you guys have. Thanks! :)

Kyle

I am actually gonna go a different route than both. I think that both Skunk2 and FF coilovers are proven but in my opinion, their spring rates are way too stiff for road use. Now if you want to have a stiff ride and are ok with that, then buy either. I chose Progress Technology CS-II coilovers, a sorta unknown company but one that makes great products. And for $550 shipped, they are a great deal. I chose to get the street set up with softer spring rates, 350F 250R. If you are tracking, they will probably be too soft, but you can always upgrade to a 350R rate with their other kit. FF seem to be great if you want to SLAM your car, but you can lower your car a lot with the Progress kit. I'm at about a finger and a half gap all around and can go probably 1.5 inches lower. Replacement struts are also only $68 a piece, just in case you blow on. Just something to think about

99TegLs

well I know that Skunk2 has a set progressive rate, and all you do is adjust the spring. Which I find appealing, and I think I get the feeling Skunk2 is going to be the answer from the majority of you. Guess I know what I'm ordering!

OLDSKOOLACURA

well I know that Skunk2 has a set progressive rate, and all you do is adjust the spring. Which I find appealing, and I think I get the feeling Skunk2 is going to be the answer from the majority of you. Guess I know what I'm ordering!
also the fact that you said you will be doing some track days (I will too). I've heard of people adjusting the skunk 2 pro s where it is not as bad for DD. Then they tighten it back up for track.

Suspension is still going to be stiff but I bet it will be glued to the road when setup, I can't wait to drive my teg 8)

i hve the function forms, and i really like them, then again they are the first set of full coil overs but i really enjoy them

mangchu

I'm sure you will. Are you on stock suspension? Skipping the whole sports shocks and springs phase? No need to spend money on something that will eventually take you to coilovers anyway hahah

jbrown97ls

I've had the skunk2 Pro s 2's for a while now and they're great. I'm sure you'll love them. Post pictures when you get them on!