Slo_Teggy's Slo Rebuild

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
dam nice i wish i had this kind of ambition to do this stuff
hahaha thanks, I've owned the car for a few years and it seems that every year there is something wrong with it, causing me to not be able to drive it (at all or much) in the summer. I'm not lucky like most of you and it snows here longer then it's nice so I get little time to enjoy my car. I am sick of not having my car on the road so I figured I'll spend the time and money and fix anything that needs to be fixed and make it a little better in the process.

i wanna see what u plans are!
well you're just going to have to keep checking in to find out!! It's nothing crazy, it is a "rebuild" thread after all. It also won't be long until you find out either.

The snow is almost melting and it's going to be a nice weekend (around 6 degrees C / 42 degrees F) so it will be t-shirt time!! Hopefully I get a lot of work done as time is running out.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Got some work done tonight. I was able to get everything off the block to prep iy for the machine shop. Hopefully going to get it cleaned up a little. The head has already been planed so I don't have to send that it, I just want a good seal for the rebuild.

As you can see, the parts that are "delicate" parts, are taking over my toolbox already. Hopefully won't be too long before I can start putting them back in.

Now the block is off to the machine shop to get planed and cleaned up a little.

It might be a little while before my next update as I don't know how long it will take at the machine shop. Might be a good time to start working on the rest of stuff I have to do. Seeing the check list is discouraging.

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
what are you going to have done to the block?
Just align hone the mains, clean up, and hone the cylinder walls?
Pretty much, I'm not doing anything crazy like boring out for 85mm pistons or anything. I prefer my cylinder walls to stay intact.

wat kinda rims are those?
Rota Slipstreams 16"

You can't get them in this color as I painted them but you can get them pretty close. I made a rim painting thread a little while ago.

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
What exactly has to be done when removing ABS? My buddy has a GSR and he wants to remove it but im not sure of what to be done..i own a RS so i dont have to worry about that haha

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
yea! SLO_TEGGY reppin Canada, our winters kill our teggys (well not mine i store it lolol)
nice, I store mine too. It's way too low to drive in the 3 foot snow falls, but the guy that owned the car before me didn't store it. Instead he drove it around Toronto all salty winter. Nothing I can do about that.

I do what I can to fix it back up though.

mike_teg

nice, I store mine too. It's way too low to drive in the 3 foot snow falls, but the guy that owned the car before me didn't store it. Instead he drove it around Toronto all salty winter. Nothing I can do about that.

I do what I can to fix it back up though.
hey, u ever been to IMPORTFEST in t.o?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I know it's been a while since I have posted any update. There has been some change of plans (story of my life).

Since the last time I have posted, I have painted the engine bay, started putting my rear end assembly back together (with the parts that I took off), and put the engine back together.

I have cleaned the block up, honed the cylinder walls, put in new pistons (OEM), new bearings, ARP headstuds, and new water pump. The block and head are still apart as I'm waiting to put the block in the car first. I have a new head gasket waiting (OEM metal 2 layer), GReddy timing belt, and valve cover gasket kit.

It really sucks that I wasn't able to follow through with my build but at least my car will be back on the road shortly. I don't have any pictures of the current state of the build, but here are some pictures of things that WERE going to be in the car.

450cc injectors:

Steel braided oil feed/return lines:

38mm wastegate (Tial 14lbs springs inside):

ARP headstuds:

2.5" intercooler piping with some decent couplers and clamps:

Forged Eagle rods:

Cometic headgasket (3 layer):

Virgin P28 ECU:

2.5" Yonaka intercooler:

GReddy Type S BOV:

I also had 2 turbo manifolds, wasn't sure what one I'd use:

Said GReddy timing belt:

Things I don't have a picture of:

SRP 81.5mm forged pistons
ACL bearings
Turbo (I have a picture of the turbo as well but I can't find it. It's a Garrett T04 turbo)
Bosch 300 LPH fuel pump

With the parts I had, the compression was calculated to be just under 9:1 so there would have been plenty of room for that extra pressure (boost).

I think that's it. I'll also take a picture of the engine bay one of these nights to show the color.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff but I'll keep this thread updated. I don't expect much followers as this thread is really boring now that I'm not doing anything fun.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Once the car is drivable, I will be posting it for sale. Sucks to sell it but I've had it long enough. Time to sell it to some 17-year-old kid that will probably ruin it.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Ouch, noo!!!! sad day... Love your car.. You putting the turbo on before you sell? If not I actually would be very interested in buying your turbo goodies for my build I'm planning..