state reff in nor*cal?

cboe90DA

has any one try to get a ls-vtec bard at the state ref befor in a 90 da??????

just got a ticket for my exhaust and have to go to reff to get it bard i got a b16 but was putting in a b18a block with type r pistons next weekend.

can it be bard? or does the block and head have to match??

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you just need a dB test...you arent going in for a ref inspection. i would make it so your exhaust passes so you dont get hassled next time

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you mean decibel test? They should not touch your car unless you have that, i would just go to chp.easier and quicker.

cboe90DA

you mean decibel test? They should not touch your car unless you have that, i would just go to chp.easier and quicker.
have what? i got a ticket saying go to the state ref. so i got to go, there not just gunna check the " decibel " of my exhaust and send me on my way there gunna want to make sure everything is legit CAI header etc. plus i think there gunna throw the car on a smog test, but im not sure, never had to go before thats why im askin the community what they do when u go? have you gone before? if so have u had for instants ur b18c BAR'D for your car? if so. what did they do ? ive got a b16 with a built head so im not to sure it will pass a smog test. i need to know if i need to drop my stock b18a in it before i go

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just got a ticket for my exhaust and have to go to reff to get it bard i got a b16 but was putting in a b18a block with type r pistons next weekend.
have what? i got a ticket saying go to the state ref. so i got to go, there not just gunna check the " decibel " of my exhaust and send me on my way there gunna want to make sure everything is legit CAI header etc. plus i think there gunna throw the car on a smog test, but im not sure, never had to go before thats why im askin the community what they do when u go? have you gone before? if so have u had for instants ur b18c BAR'D for your car? if so. what did they do ? ive got a b16 with a built head so im not to sure it will pass a smog test. i need to know if i need to drop my stock b18a in it before i go
if you got an exhaust ticket its just a decibel test. 95 dB or something like that @ 3/4 of your rev range from 6 feet back i think. If you are going to go to a referee for an exhaust system they wont inspect the car and throw it on the smog station, or you can make the argument that you dont have to. They dont have to pop your hood at all. They cant touch anything. except do what the ticket says and you got one for exhaust.

Oh yeah by the way "decibel" is a unit of measurement, not something that needs to be in quotations like "swag".

And, this proves your other argument wrong. Im not rude, im not an asshole. In fact i could have been a douchebag to you this whole time after you called me "rude". But looks like im not.