Street tune or dyno tune?

Havok114

Finally finished putting together my turbo kit now I'm wondering what tune I should get prices are 150$ street , 300$ dyno (crome pro)
I've heard good things from both and seen my friends integra break 10s and that thing never touched a dyno , anyways what do you guys think ? Its a ls turbo on 10psi stock internals .

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
a "true tune" from what i read was a mix of the two. I would rather do the dyno, i think the benefit of the street dyno besides not needing a dyno is real world conditions.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
My teg is "street tuned" and will never be done again, let me tell you why. Its dangerous and hell on your brakes/clutch! You have to do numerous wide open throttle pulls, now think about that for a second. You're doing numerous wide open throttle pulls down a highway or long back road stretch...see what can go wrong here? Not to mention the risk of getting pulled over, for instance last year while out street tuning my car we passed a sherrif with me on the brakes at 140+, he spun around and followed me, luckily I have been behaving in recent years and have nothing on my record currently, so didnt get pulled over. He did follow us for a good 3-4 miles though, making us sweat it out, it worked lol.

As or the brakes/clutch statement, you have to load up the cells through out the rpm range that you are trying to tune. The only 2 ways of doing this on the street is by holdling the brakes and gas at same time, or to slip the clutch on purpose while applying the gas pedal. Thats why people always ask if the shop is using a "load bearing dyno".

You can "street tune" for your start and idle and then take it to a dyno and have it dialed in. My car will be on the dyno April 1st, not because I want to see certain hp numbers, but because I want it dialed in as best as possible.

As for "real world conditions" there is nothing different from being on a dyno and being on the open highway. Any good shop will have a fan blowing in front of the car to replicate you zipping through the air out on the roadways, plus as I mentioned you can put the car under load.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My teg is "street tuned" and will never be done again, let me tell you why. Its dangerous and hell on your brakes/clutch! You have to do numerous wide open throttle pulls, now think about that for a second. You're doing numerous wide open throttle pulls down a highway or long back road stretch...see what can go wrong here? Not to mention the risk of getting pulled over, for instance last year while out street tuning my car we passed a sherrif with me on the brakes at 140+, he spun around and followed me, luckily I have been behaving in recent years and have nothing on my record currently, so didnt get pulled over. He did follow us for a good 3-4 miles though, making us sweat it out, it worked lol.

As or the brakes/clutch statement, you have to load up the cells through out the rpm range that you are trying to tune. The only 2 ways of doing this on the street is by holdling the brakes and gas at same time, or to slip the clutch on purpose while applying the gas pedal. Thats why people always ask if the shop is using a "load bearing dyno".

You can "street tune" for your start and idle and then take it to a dyno and have it dialed in. My car will be on the dyno April 1st, not because I want to see certain hp numbers, but because I want it dialed in as best as possible.

As for "real world conditions" there is nothing different from being on a dyno and being on the open highway. Any good shop will have a fan blowing in front of the car to replicate you zipping through the air out on the roadways, plus as I mentioned you can put the car under load.
i always thgought the fan didnt replicate wind as well as say the real wind. :thumbs up thanks for correcting me

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Its prob not 100% the same as the wind, but its good enough ya know. Most shops use huge fans that push a ton of CFM's and hell even then you're just trying to keep the car cool.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thats what i thought the main purpose is. But street tuning sounds sketch anyways since you want to do a 3rd or 4th gear pull. My buddy got pulled over doing that in some night robes. cops thought he was a crackhead lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Lmfao yeah man, I have a video somewhere of me doing a pull, shootin a fireball out of my hood as we pass a cop. Thankfully there was a median barrier so we had time to get away from that situation lol. I will ask my buddy to upload it for me so I can post it, its pretty funny actually

Havok114

mmmm I just get a dyno tune lol im not a big fan of speeding tickets , plus its going to be nice having a dyno sheet.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Just so you know (not to be a debbie downer lol) but dyno's can be manipulated to read high or low. They are really just a tuning tool., you will know how much power you have once you get some track numbers out of the car, but it is always nice to have the sheet to brag with lol