stretching tires

jznsn2u

why is it bad?
It's dangerous to have stretched tires. There are specific size tires for specific size rims that have been used over a time period of decades. It's not "bad".... it just decreases your chances of reliability and safety.... which means.... its sorta bad :roll:.

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
in Coys defense, 205's on an 8 inch wide is hardly considered a stretch all tire shops can mount them without this stupid crap.
I have the same setup as him.

If the lip clearly pokes out, you've stretched too much to be safe

michaelz

it's ok to stretch 1 size down. e.g. 205 instead of a 215... 225 instead of a 235 etc etc. it actually gives you a stiffer side wall and the handling is quite responsive. on the flipside it's bad for launches since the car is more likely to wheelspin. the size down is usually cheaper too so easier on the wallet.

the whole stretching trend came from the drift scene since they wanted insanely stiff sidewalls so they can keep the drift going. we're talking 5+ sizes too small like a 235 on a 10" wheel.

then the hellaflush people started doing it and now it's mainstream. don't do it, it surves no purpose and looks like ass.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
it looks like good to a point. i say, if you could see the bead, thats retardedly unsafe.

as for mine and DC4twokone's, our tire stretch is completely safe. just watch out for curbs.

and there's fools that go to the extreme and retarded... if you could see the sidewall when looking straight directly at the tread and use the bead as the sidewall.. its the perfect recipie for disaster.