Supercharger or Turbo

01cleatus

Hey guys I am really jealous of my friend. He is just turned 19 and just bought himself a brand new STI. The car is so sweet and only has like 100 miles on it. He paid for it himself no help from mom or dad. BASTARD!(LOL). Anyways that makes me want to get my car even faster and quicker I figure if I can save as much money as I can I can save up to 3 grand in a few months. So the question is should I go Supercharger or Turbo. I have an 2001 LS integra. Which would be more cost effective, productive, safer on the car, and less maintenance? Please help me out, becasue this is definately the place for answers.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
hehe wow...ya be bankin huh? wish i can save up 3 grand in a couple months...got bills out the ass, broke ass hell =\

well i prefer turbo; nuttin sounds sweeter than a BOV...and the look of a Intercooler in ur grill. you'll scare most ppl off; turbo is sweet, i would do the same...but i'm poor =\

01cleatus

MoJoJoJo said:
hehe wow...ya be bankin huh? wish i can save up 3 grand in a couple months...got bills out the ass, broke ass hell =\

well i prefer turbo; nuttin sounds sweeter than a BOV...and the look of a Intercooler in ur grill. you'll scare most ppl off; turbo is sweet, i would do the same...but i'm poor =\
:oops: Oh dude I'm not banking just the last few weeks ive been saving money and have paid for my bills ahead of time for like a month or so then whatever i make from here on out I can save for either or. The reason i say a few months is cause of christmas so I don't really plan to have it till like feb or so. But yeah I agree i like the BOV but the idea of a real sleeper cause the supercharger isnt that noticable as a turbo. but really i need to know about the quality and longevity of either product. which ever will give me the best outcome and not hurt my car in the long run is the way I will be heading. I just really want to hurry up with the process cause my friend just got the STI and I can't even come close to catching up with him at all.

Last edited:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
01but really i need to know about the quality and longevity of either product. which ever will give me the best outcome and not hurt my car in the long run is the way I will be heading..
well either u go with supercharger or turbo, its still gonna put stress on ur engine, they both methods of Forced Introduction, but i still lean towards turbo, alot of accessories (turbo timers, boost controller, electronics. etc...) with tubro that u can get and help u tune ur engine to the point u want same with superchargers, but i guess i'm just a turbo fan, but the STi comes with stock turbo, but dont underestimate the STi, its subaru's Top of Line Vehicle for a reason, i think u might have to do a lil bit more than just gettin a reg. turbo to beat him. u might end up putting more money and time into it.

Last edited:

01cleatus

I know ill most likely never beat him but in all honesty I just don't want to be left behind. Today was the first time I saw it and drove alongside of it. He can't drive it hard for like another 400 miles because he said the people at the dealership said he had to baby the turbo for a while and he was shifting at around 3500 rpms and he whooped my ass. :oops: That just sucked.So when he can drive it regurally he will detroy and pummel me severely. :thumbs up

Last edited:

01cleatus

please help me i need as much info as possible. This is a big decision and i don't wanna funk it up.

BossPlaya510

01cleatus said:
please help me i need as much info as possible. This is a big decision and i don't wanna funk it up.
i had a JR charger on myne.. al it did was gave me problems.. now ive decided to go all motor.. boost just aint reliable..

01cleatus

What happened with your integra? Thankyou guys by the way because my friends have been telling me the whole time that superchargers were better than turbos, but thats why I asked the question because I knew there would be some peeps here who knew what they were talking about. Can you tell me all the bad things that can result from a supercharger or turbo.

BossPlaya510

01cleatus said:
What happened with your integra? Thankyou guys by the way because my friends have been telling me the whole time that superchargers were better than turbos, but thats why I asked the question because I knew there would be some peeps here who knew what they were talking about. Can you tell me all the bad things that can result from a supercharger or turbo.
wel i guess it all depends.. but for me.. i just had bad luck wit it or the whole ls/vtec charged didnt work out too good.. i melted my pistons twice.. :shock: maybe cus i was boostin 10psi on stock block.. ended up takin the charger off.. sold the charger, put on Skunk manifold.. n now im going all motor.. . i just think if your going to boost.. just do it right and build the internals first especially if its going to be daily driven.

SlyDC2

uhh read.... a lot... anyway, get a supercharger if your car is going to be a daily driver and you want power on tap 24/7... if you go turbo you're going to have that blah "turbo lag" so you have more power up top rather then all through the bands. ehh i've been leaning towards supercharging my gsr latley so i've been reading a lot but thats what i think.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
get bout 300-400 Stickerss all those stickers average about 5 HP a piece, thats alot of HP, Your pushing about 1500-2000HP the STi has no chance then

SlyDC2

MoJoJoJo said:
get bout 300-400 Stickerss all those stickers average about 5 HP a piece, thats alot of HP, Your pushing about 1500-2000HP the STi has no chance then
hahaha oh be nice

01cleatus

I am not really a sticker person. I really like how the teg looks stock. IMO its a very awesome looking car. I really don't plan to do anything on the outside besides maybe getting a carbon firber hood but the more I think about it probably not. If you guys check my profile there is a pic of my car I couldn't get it to load with my name every time I post but I could put it there for some reason. Anyways what it looks like there is what itll look like later in like a few years.The only thing I did to the appearance was tint and the clear front bumper lights because I think it looks good with the white color, but no altezzas. As stock and clean looking as possible is how I like it. (lol).