Sway bars and controls arms

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
Hey CI I just installed my Greddy SP2 exhaust and while i was under the car i noticed that my rear sway bar is rusted to hell as well as my control arms. I did some research and almost all of the posts I saw were for people who were interested in autocross or were looking for a mean setup. I'm not looking to do that, I have a daily driver and want to get to the 250-300 MAX WHP. I don't really know what to look for in terms of which front and rear sway bars would be better than others and I was told to look into the Benen and Beaks by some of my buddies but they hadn't messed with their sway bars and didnt have any advice for me. I drive a 95 Special Edition. and here's the parts i'm looking to replace..

front sway bar
Rear sway bar
lower control arms

thanks

bradster101

If you want you can just replace with the same size... But about the lower control arms, I am not sure which ones you can get that still allow the sway bar to be attahced (the stock ones have that hole in them)

Anyone else know?

Im replacing my rear with a blox 21mm but Im looking for a lot "stiffer ride"

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
I thought you could have a rear sway bar, lower control arms, and lower tie bar all together??

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can have all three of them together. you need a subframe reinforcement brace if you decide to go to size bigger than a GSR rear sway. Beaks and ASR make good ones. However, you do need 110mm bolts if you do pair it with a tie bar (for the asr set up) stay away from blox products, they suck and whoever says differently is a retard. blox bushings go bad super quick, and my blox endlinks are shit as well

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My Recommendation:

Front sway bar - JDM ITR 25mm
Rear sway bar - ASR 24mm
Rear lower control arms - Function7

250-300whp eh? I assume you're planning on going turbo?

j13

Keep It Clean
Google search for different brands man. Get adjustable aluminum LCA, thicker rear sway, and a tie bar. Don't buy ebay.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My Recommendation:

Rear sway bar - ASR 24mm

on the function 7 LCAs they have two versions, the polyurathane bushing and the spherical bushing. Matt used the polyurithane with great results, i feel i may have gone a tad overboard with the spherical bushings. I recomend the poly urathane ones just because you probably wont be seeing a circuit.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
on the function 7 LCAs they have two versions, the polyurathane bushing and the spherical bushing. Matt used the polyurithane with great results, i feel i may have gone a tad overboard with the spherical bushings. I recomend the poly urathane ones just because you probably wont be seeing a circuit.
Back when I got my F7s, the ones with spherical bearings weren't out yet. The ones with polyurethane bushings were a bit squeaky after a while. I actually wanted to upgrade to the spherical bearings. Either way, both are good choices.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Back when I got my F7s, the ones with spherical bearings weren't out yet. The ones with polyurethane bushings were a bit squeaky after a while. I actually wanted to upgrade to the spherical bearings. Either way, both are good choices.
the spherical ones i had clunked around until they were "broken in" i wish the black ones were out when i bought mine =/

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
My Recommendation:

Rear sway bar - ASR 24mm

Naw I plan on going LS Vtec

you can have all three of them together. you need a subframe reinforcement brace if you decide to go to size bigger than a GSR rear sway. Beaks and ASR make good ones. However, you do need 110mm bolts if you do pair it with a tie bar (for the asr set up) stay away from blox products, they suck and whoever says differently is a retard. blox bushings go bad super quick, and my blox endlinks are shit as well
Is the subframe reinforcement brace what connects between both of the control arms? It kind of makes it look like the LCA's are one big piece? Also the most I plan on doing is going to the track and running a 1/4 mile. I'm more into just enjoying the car and having fun with the mods while trying to keep it a decent daily driver. I don't know what combo I should go with though because everyone said there are 100's of different combos to go with but I dont care about having an agressive setup I just want something that feels nice and works for my DD but if I get on the track will do what I need done.

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
I have suspension technique front and rear sways. they are pretty good. I forgot the mm on them though.

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
Is a lower tie bar the same as the sway bar just a different name? or are those 2 completely different things?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Naw I plan on going LS Vtec.
Achieving 250whp is going to be tough going the NA route. You're going to have to go all out and stroke the motor to 2.0L.

Is the subframe reinforcement brace what connects between both of the control arms? It kind of makes it look like the LCA's are one big piece? Also the most I plan on doing is going to the track and running a 1/4 mile. I'm more into just enjoying the car and having fun with the mods while trying to keep it a decent daily driver. I don't know what combo I should go with though because everyone said there are 100's of different combos to go with but I dont care about having an agressive setup I just want something that feels nice and works for my DD but if I get on the track will do what I need done.
The rear subframe reinforcement brace bolts onto the rear subframe. Like you said, there are tons of different setups that you can go with. It's all up to you.