Tam's Progress Thread

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Micro-polished crank

crank, bearings, and caps on (gonna have to take the caps and crank off tomorrow i forgot the thrust bearings lol)

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
turns out the machine shop undersized my crank by .010 with out telling me. I already opened my mains but i haven't opened my rod bearings so i can return those. I found some .010 over regular ACL bearings I'm gonna get.

I got a bit done today though, spent all morning scouring DFW for a damn piston ring filer, Oriley's saved my ass and got one from Oklahoma. So i filed my top compression rings to .019, and the bottom compression rings were already .023.

So we went ahead and put the pistons/rods in the block

Then we bored out my IM to 70mm to match my TB

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Haha thanks but i got my wheels powdercoated gold so its not all black any more

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
correct bearings ordered form tuner sports! should be here this week and have the engine together this weekend

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
good shit. I dont have enough faith in myself to put a bottom end together. I think later on when I have time and more money ill do it, but I let Lj @ full blown motorsports assemble the bottom end. He is a master at what he does.

I too am running a wiseco/eagle setup. If I do another setup for the bottom end Im doing manley/cp

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Ok! I got ALOT done today! so there are ALOT of pictures haha.

Rods and mains are all torqued!

Polished up the IM ports

ARP Headstuds in

My workstation lol

The head

Copper coating my Cometic HG

Head on

Torque'n that bitch

All the ports done

No more seam!

turbooooo

No scratches!

Thrust bearings

j13

Keep It Clean
nice engine build! and very nice steering wheel, i wish i could put one on..i want one so bad but i NEED a quick release in my location.

KEEP IT UPPPP