tapping sound

Cman46290

hey im new in the forum but im having the same problem with my teg. i did a valve adjustment and i guess they are too tight and the car wont even crank and before i did the valve adjustment it was making a very LOUD tapping noise any ideas??? thanks in advance:shock:
Yeah... re-adjust the valves to the specified clearance... and you should be fine....overly tight isnt good... too loose will cause the ticking....

Re-adjust the valves

-Corey

bobrc79

Upon further inspection of the timing belt it looks like it may have skipped a tooth on one of the cam gears. I was also able to turn the motor over with the plugs removed. The belt is also looser than it should be and has never been replaced in 180,000 miles. I am going to replace the belt, tensioner, and water pump, and adjust the valves. I let you know hoe it turns out. Wish me luck!!

bobrc79

Got the belt replaced and everything is aligned. The problem now is that I am not getting any spark. I have already replaced the coil and still nothing. It has a viper alarm system could this be causing this?

mirrorimg

hey im new in the forum but im having the same problem with my teg. i did a valve adjustment and i guess they are too tight and the car wont even crank and before i did the valve adjustment it was making a very LOUD tapping noise any ideas??? thanks in advance:shock:
You need feeler gauges to properly spec the clearances.