The Chronicles of "Harmony" - dopematic's Integra Update Thread

dopematic

Lol thanks Andy! I remember seeing this store/shop on facebook that makes little toy car models. and does a legit job on the details too. It was pretty cool, I forgot their name though Haha

dopematic

Heres an Update 4/18/13

Installed my PIC Performance LCA and ASR spherical adjustable endlinks.
Although, I'm having trouble with the fitment and how to install the endlinks correctly. I decided to call it a night and work on it another day.

Last edited:

dopematic

Haha, polishing it out took some time.. I might touch it up again too.

Thanks Joe!

Here are some day time pics and with the car down

Last edited:

dopematic

Beautiful Teg....if you still have your Carbon Fiber Trunk want to sell it?
Haha I actually do still have the Carbon Fiber Trunk but that is something I'll probably will not get rid of. Sorry bro. Haha

full of win! love the new parts, like that license plate cover, i want one that says ukdm as fulk, but they dont make one.
Thanks Andy! I was considering a "Cool Story Bro" one too. Then I saw this one and I was sold. Haha

dopematic

Most recent pics; Spanks you Joe for making my car look good at Norcal Treasure Island Meet

Also, update...

Picked up JHPUSA stainless steel clutch line (from slave to cmc)
- Stoptech front stainless steel brake lines
- Goodridge rear stainless steel brake lines (Good Looking out Peara! :thumbs up)
- New Viper Alarm (Not going into specifics of my security).

Also, funny story. So one day Super Street Magazine on Instagram decides to do a free giveaway for a Mishimoto Intercooler, Honda Issue Super Street Magazine, a Calendar and a bunch of stickers. One lucky person out of 5000 comments on their Ig picture will win the giveaway. Voila! Guess who won!?!? I was so shocked and surprised and can't even believe that these giveaways are actually true. Cool things about Mishimoto products: Lifetime Warranty and Accident Protection Forgiveness.

Also, will be participating in my first circuit / road race (whatever you call it) event on June 14th at Thunder Hill Raceway. Super excited to get my trackcherry popped.

Oil Change, tranny flush,spark plugs, valve lash adjustment, installing SS brake lines and switching to ATE Super blue Racing Dot 4 brake fluid as well as raising up my car a tad bit will be followed shortly within the next few weeks before Thunder Hill. In addition, I will be throwing on my ITR wheels for the event because I don't have the heart to run the track with my RGs.

Okay, I think this is enough procrastination for me. Its Finals week right now so back to studying for me. Enjoy! :thumbs up

Last edited:

dopematic

So this past weekend, I ran my first track event at GDS (Grip Drift Skid) 11 at Thunderhill Raceway.

I got about 2 and a half runs in before wrecking.

I was on the straight away in 4th gear going about 105 mph ish when I hit the brakes and apparently I hit it too hard and too suddenly which made the front end heavy and rear end light and locked up the rear brakes. At this point, I was wobbling / wiggling / swerving back and forth into turn #10 at Thunderhill and did a 180 up the hill.

Ripped off my front lip instantaneously, dented in the radiator support, and blew the bead to my tire on my front driver side.

As I was heading back onto the track, I immediately felt my steering wheel / alignment being super off. Then a couple of seconds later I noticed and felt something off and thats when i realized that I had a flat tire.

This point, my heart immediately stopped and just couldn't fathom what the damage to my wheels would be because if theres a flat tire means that I would be riding on rim. And if I was riding on rim then, who knows that damaged couldn've been done.

I drove a quarter of track around to the pits area to get off the track and parked immediately off to the side because I didn't want to ride on rim anymore.

Holy shit! I am the luckiest mother fucker in the world! As I got out of the car I was thinking my wheels would be alll fucked up as shit but surprise surprise!! My Advan RG's didnt touch the ground!!!!! Miracles do happen fellas! I did learn from those couple runs that I should weight transfer my car better and also learned that my brakes are more sensitive than I originally thought. I didnt realized that my brakes can lock up that easily because honestly I felt like I didnt "stomp" on the brakes but hit it more hard yes. So yeah, still can't wait for my next event; whichever that may be.

Funny story: earlier that morning when we all met at ARCO before heading out, Simon asked me if I was running on the RG's and I was like "YUP!!! they say Advan Racing for a reason right?" and questioned "What's the worst that could happen?"

LMAO, Never jinxing myself like that again.

So as the world was lifted off my shoulders because my wheels were okay. I got started on changing out my tires to my spare tire only to find out that my spare tire doesnt even fit because it didnt clear my calipers! Fuck!

After that, I was inspecting my RG's again and figure, hey fuck it might as well try to fill it up with air and pop back in the tires to see if it holds air. It didnt hold air at first but me and my buddy dung was pushing down on the tire while the tire guy filled it up and it worked. Got the tire to pop back into place and it held air. Although, it did develop two air bubbles on the inside wall which was what ultimately ended my track day early because I didnt want to risk running on a tire with two air bubbles on it.

This was one of those moments when I wish I wasn't 5 lug and had 4 lug because everyone else around me were 4 lugs and may have got to borrow one to get back out onto the track.

Overall, still had fun. Of course I'm mad and somewhat disappointed that I didnt get more sessions in but its all good, I'm alive. and my RG's are okay. I still can't be happier about that. Throughout the years with the car, Ive grown to learn that shit happens and this type of event and driving; you're basically abusing your car and it is unavoidable so I got use to things breaking and not going smoothly or perfectly. Just gotta get back up at it for next time.

I had to wait an hour or two until lunch time for the track to close down when the workers let me walk onto the track on turn 10 to go look for my front lip. I found it on the hill fairly easily.

Heres the damage, theres a hole on the lip and the front bumper and all of the tabs underneath got broken but still can be used. Also, I can fix this hole fairly easily as well with plastic welding with polyurethane. Same method I used to shave off my license plate box on my front bumper.

Near the end of the day I decided to throw my front lip back on. Its gonna need some more work for fitment to be like before but its nothing too bad. This is why you go oem. Any other fiberglass or replica front lip would have shattered into pieces already.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Good stuff man im happy you laughed a lot of it off at the track and that you want to track again. I didnt see the shots of the bumper back on the car but it looks better i think now. It has character. And yeah as you know it happens to people. I did the exact same with you in the car, we were fortunate no one was coming on track and that buttonwillow is slgihtly more forgiving in the runoff department. Also youre lucky you didnt flip the car, or need to be towed off.

dopematic

Yeah back then when I was dragging alot I mustve snapped my axles like over 10 times and broke other things here and there but yeah shit happens. Laughter is the best best medicine. This stuff is part of the game, gotta pay to play.

Yeah, I call it battle scars. LOL