The time has come

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
So I went on a cruise/back roading adventure last night, and remembered how there is NO top end pick up in my 2001 LS..

So I know there are a ton of threads about this but, i'm not looking for serious power, nor am i looking for like 15hp gain. I ask you guys, what would be the best route to go? (In terms of modding an LS motor, no boost or swaps for now)

Intake/mani, cams/springs/retainers, exhaust?

Any help is appreciated, mods won't come for a while but when they do I want to be sure I'm buying the right stuff.

Last edited:

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Sorry should've clarified, all motor LS

Boost might come VERY far down the road, but for now i'm looking for an N/A setup

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
All motor Ls is pretty hard to do. Jason struggled and could only get about 145whp from a 403 cam. Ive been told by my tuner he could get me 135 with header intake and exhaust or thereabout.

I suggest with your set up a set of 402 cams and intake heeader exhaust, manifold and tb and a tune should be what you want

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
2.25" or 2.36" one or the two, that paired with a 2" collector header (any DC header) and a high flow cat should be the best exhaust set up, i would get a 65mm TB and a skunk2 1st gen intake, i think the pro series may be too big.

Jabes

I was going to do this and then bought a set of crower stage 2 cams and then was going to put them on with my skunk2 intake manifold and a ported and polished head and then when I went to buy the crower dual valve springs and titanium retainers it was going to be like 3-350 for that so I just said fuck it I'm going turbo instead for more power

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can still turbo on a stage 2 cam since they arent too agressive.

Oh a p8r head will be amazing for you

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i made like 147whp on a semi build setup that was originally made for boost..had JE 9.5:1 pistons and crower stage 1's (402's i believe). made power till 7800 too...was tuned by mike that is now at King Motorsports.

natron84

ls vtec the thing. its not as much $$ as a turbo setup, and you'll get power without the downfall of loosing all your low end torque.