Tool sets for around $200?

OneFastGSR

I need to replace my water pump in my teg and I've always used my dads tools but my brother was swapping the tranny in his s2000 and keeps losing his tools so he locked them up from everyone. I got about $200 i can spend on tools so far this is the best kit i found for the price http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00936260000P
Anyone know any good websites that have good deals on tools?

1994 Integra

That is my at home one. The ratchets suck so i bring my mac stuff from work home. All you need is a 10mm a 14mm a 17mm and 19mm. Depending on how siezed the crank pulley bolt is. You might wanna get a holder tool..

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I got my dad this set for the shop for the holiday's on sale. Was like 175 or so. Good set, no issues and the warranty is good. For average home use (We have plenty of high end tools, but this case is great for general automotive)

dlo253

That looks like a decent kit for your average projects. And its made in the US with a lifetime warranty, cant beat that!

Sammich

get your ass to home depot, lowes, or even walmart and find a nice set w/ a lifetime warranty for under $100...or spend a mill at sears..better yet harbor freights

XjoEnX

I think Sears has a different 200pc. set for $100 too. You just don't get that nifty tool box.

Army74D

gtavila_
I go to Harbor Freight for most of my (non-power) tools. They might suck balls compared to say Craftsman or the more expensive stuff like MAC or Snap-On.. But it's cheap and the hand tools have a lifetime warranty, so I don't complain.

OneFastGSR

I seen that 200 piece set also. That's a good idea to wait on fathers day sales, Maybe i'll get a real good deal than I can get my dad some tools my brother lost for fathers day. Lol

slowtec

Internet Tough Guy
Haha, I had a similar situation a couple years ago, went away to college and was a whole state away from the luscious, brimming toolboxes in my dad's shop and service trucks...

I buy most of my generic hand tools (sockets, spanners, and hammers) at Harbor Freight because it works in a pinch and since then I've been slowly acquiring nicer stuff when I'm not in a time-crunch. Better to spend $25 at Harbor Freight and then wait for sales at Sears. Plus you can get those coupons for Harbor Freight pretty much anywhere and get your stuff 25-50% off tomorrow instead of hoping that Sears doesn't bend you over the counter, you know?